- 17 hrs ago Steelbird Tyres Launches Puncture RSA Across India – Fix Your Flat With Ease
- 18 hrs ago India Proposes Electrifying All Two Wheelers Within 6 And 8 Years
- 19 hrs ago Mahindra Stops Production Of TUV300 Automatic — Five Speed Manual Option Only
- 20 hrs ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- News RRB Recruitment 2019, 992 vacancies, eligibility, last date to apply
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A10e spotted on FCC hinting imminent launch
- Education HSCAP Allotment Result 2019 Kerala To Be Released Shortly
- Finance India Has Stopped All Imports Of Iranian Oil: US Ambassador
- Sports India's Joshna Chinappa bows out of British Open
- Movies Not Bepannaah 2 Or Beyhadh 2, Jennifer Winget Starts Shooting For Code M; To Play An Army Officer!
- Lifestyle Rakulpreet's Latest Attire For A Movie Promotion Deserves All Your Attention
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
MG Motor India is preparing for the launch of their first product for the Indian market, the Hector SUV. The company, wholly-owned by SAIC Motor Corp has released their first teaser of the upcoming SUV. The MG Hector SUV is expected to launch in the Indian market sometime in mid-2019.
Ahead of its upcoming launch, Rushlane has received spy images of the MG Hector SUV undergoing off-road testing in Manali. Reports suggest that the MG Hector is completing its off-road testing, travelling between Manali to Leh.
The MG Hector is a five-seater SUV, which is already available in international markets. The Hector is called, the 'Baojun 530' in China and 'Wuling Almaz' in Indonesia. The Indian-spec MG SUV will borrow components from them, however, the Hector will be engineered specifically for the Indian market.
The MG Hector will be produced in the company's manufacturing unit in Halol, Gujarat. The company will make use of 75 per cent localisation, allowing MG Motor to price the Hector SUV competitively in the Indian market.
The Interiors of the MG Hector is expected to come with a vertically-mounted touchscreen infotainment system. The unit supports both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, the display also doubles up as a 360-degree camera. The instrument cluster comes with central MID positioned between the speedometer and tachometer.
Apart from this, the Hector also features adjustable leather seating, panoramic sunroof, push-button start, steering-mounted control, cruise control, electric parking brake and a host of other safety features.
The MG Hector is said to be powered by a Fiat-sourced 2.0-litre diesel engine, This is the same engine which powers both the Jeep Compass and the upcoming Tata Harrier. The engine on the MG Hector SUV is expected to churn out 170bhp of power output with 350Nm of torque. The SUV will also come powered by a 1.5-litre petrol engine. The specifications of this engine are yet to be revealed by MG Motor.
Apart from the Hector SUV, MG Motor already has a number of products lined up for the Indian market — click here to know everything about MG Motor's entry into the Indian market.
Thoughts On The MG Hector SUV Spy Pics
The MG Hector SUV once launched in India will fall into the highly competitive mid-size SUV segment in the Indian market. MG Motor hope that with 75 per cent localisations, the company will be able to price it competitively at around Rs 15 - 20 lakh, ex-showroom.