- 14 min ago Toyota Urban Cruiser SUV: Expected Launch Date, Prices, Specs, Features & Rivals Explained
- 1 hr ago Toyota Fortuner Facelift Global Debut Likely On June 4: Here Are All Details
- 3 hrs ago 2021 Kawasaki Ninja 1000SX BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 10.79 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago 2020 Mercedes Benz GLS Launching In India On June 17: Will Rival The BMW X7
- Movies Bharti Singh Reveals She Was With Kapil's Wife During Her Delivery; Was The First To Hold The Baby
- News Fake: NSA Doval has written no such letter on the Indo-China standoff
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Jennifer Winget: Her Top Five Western Fashion Looks That Wowed Us
- Finance These Stocks Have Outdone Nifty's Fall In March; Gained Up To 78% During Lockdown
- Technology BSNL Offering Four 4 Months Free Services To Its Broadband Customers: How To Avail
- Sports Cricket West Indies effects 50% cut in salaries, cricket funding
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
We Know that the MG Hector seven seater is scheduled to launch in India in early 2020. However, the SUV is scheduled to launch in Indonesia before it is launched here. The MG Hector is called the Wuling Almaz in Indonesia, is retailed by Wuling Motors, and will launch in the South-East Asian country later this year.
Wuling Motors will celebrate two years of being present in Indonesia, and as part of these celebrations, the company will launch the seven seat version of the SUV that we know as the MG Hector. The five seat combination was launched there recently, but consumer demand has pushed for the seven seat variant to launch faster than planned.
The Wuling Almaz (MG Hector) seven seater will make it's official debut at the 2019 Gaikindo Indonesia International Auto Show. The company says that the vehicle will come with a host of features some of which are already present on the five seat variant.
What we can tell from the images are that the vehicle features a new bumper and muffler design - borrowed from the MG Hector. The side and front designs remain the same. The interiors feature a 10.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
The second row bench seats feature a one-touch tumble setup for easier access to the third row seats, and the seats can be aligned back and forth for added space at the rear. Also, the air conditioning controls for third row seats are positioned on the sides of the car instead of the roof.
The seven seater Wuling Almaz will feature a 1.5-litre turbocharged engine that produces 140bhp of power and 250Nm of torque. A six-speed manual and CVT automatic transmissions will be available.
The Wuling Almaz seven seater will be offered in multiple variants. While there is no official information about pricing, rumor has it that the entry level manual variant will be priced at 260 million Indonesian Rupiah (Rs 12.66 lakh), the mid spec CVT will be priced at 270 million Indonesian Rupiah (Rs. 13.15 lakh), and the top-of-the-line Lux+ CVT will be priced at 332 million Indonesian Rupiah (Rs. 16.12 lakh).
The MG Hector retails starting at Rs 12.18 lakh* in India. We expect that the seven seat variant to be priced at about Rs 13.5 lakh*. The only addition will be the addition of the seats in the third row. Engine configurations and features are expected to remain the same.
*Prices mentioned are ex-showroom, India.
Thoughts About The Seven Seater MG Hector/ Wuling Almaz Launching At Indonesia
Well, we're not too worried about the SUV launching in Indonesia before it launches in India. India has a massive market for seven seaters. SUVs like the Toyota Innova have done very well in the country thanks to the seven seat configuration. We think MG will have a field day when it comes to the seven seat Hector.
Image source: Autonetmagz