- 36 min ago Maruti Suzuki Announces New 5 Year/ 1 Lakh Kilometer Warranty On Select Diesel Models
- 6 hrs ago New Isuzu V-Cross Diesel Automatic Launched In India At Rs 19.99 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki XL6 Launching Tomorrow: All You Need To Know
- 8 hrs ago All-New Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Launched In India With Prices Starting At Rs 4.99 Lakh
- Sports KPL 2019: Ballari Tuskers cruise to 7-wicket victory over Bijapur Bulls
- Movies Hrithik Roshan And Tiger Shroff’s ‘War’ Will Be An Adrenaline Pumping Visual Extravaganza: Director
- News AAP MLA Sandeep Kumar disqualified
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Band 5 Is On Tow, Reveals Huami CEO
- Lifestyle Shraddha Kapoor Gives Us A Slay-Worthy Moment With Her Chic Dress For Saaho Promotions
- Education SSC CGL Result 2018 Tier-1 Likely To Be Declared Soon
- Finance What Have We Learned About Home Insurance From Recent Floods?
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
We Know that the MG Hector seven seater is scheduled to launch in India in early 2020. However, the SUV is scheduled to launch in Indonesia before it is launched here. The MG Hector is called the Wuling Almaz in Indonesia, is retailed by Wuling Motors, and will launch in the South-East Asian country later this year.
Wuling Motors will celebrate two years of being present in Indonesia, and as part of these celebrations, the company will launch the seven seat version of the SUV that we know as the MG Hector. The five seat combination was launched there recently, but consumer demand has pushed for the seven seat variant to launch faster than planned.
The Wuling Almaz (MG Hector) seven seater will make it's official debut at the 2019 Gaikindo Indonesia International Auto Show. The company says that the vehicle will come with a host of features some of which are already present on the five seat variant.
What we can tell from the images are that the vehicle features a new bumper and muffler design - borrowed from the MG Hector. The side and front designs remain the same. The interiors feature a 10.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
The second row bench seats feature a one-touch tumble setup for easier access to the third row seats, and the seats can be aligned back and forth for added space at the rear. Also, the air conditioning controls for third row seats are positioned on the sides of the car instead of the roof.
The seven seater Wuling Almaz will feature a 1.5-litre turbocharged engine that produces 140bhp of power and 250Nm of torque. A six-speed manual and CVT automatic transmissions will be available.
The Wuling Almaz seven seater will be offered in multiple variants. While there is no official information about pricing, rumor has it that the entry level manual variant will be priced at 260 million Indonesian Rupiah (Rs 12.66 lakh), the mid spec CVT will be priced at 270 million Indonesian Rupiah (Rs. 13.15 lakh), and the top-of-the-line Lux+ CVT will be priced at 332 million Indonesian Rupiah (Rs. 16.12 lakh).
The MG Hector retails starting at Rs 12.18 lakh* in India. We expect that the seven seat variant to be priced at about Rs 13.5 lakh*. The only addition will be the addition of the seats in the third row. Engine configurations and features are expected to remain the same.
*Prices mentioned are ex-showroom, India.
Thoughts About The Seven Seater MG Hector/ Wuling Almaz Launching At Indonesia
Well, we're not too worried about the SUV launching in Indonesia before it launches in India. India has a massive market for seven seaters. SUVs like the Toyota Innova have done very well in the country thanks to the seven seat configuration. We think MG will have a field day when it comes to the seven seat Hector.
Image source: Autonetmagz