- 12 hrs ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- 1 day ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 1 day ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launch Highlights: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 2 days ago Tata Altroz Production-Spec Revealed: India Launch Scheduled For January 2020
- Movies Panipat Movie Review: A History Lesson That's Still Relevant In Today's Times!
- News HM Amit Shah reviews progress made in onion import that would cool prices
- Lifestyle World Soil Day 2019: Impact Of Soil On Your Health
- Sports Sports Minister felicitates Kho-Kho teams for winning gold in South Asian Games
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite, Note 10 Lite India Launch Likely Delayed
- Travel 8 Most Relaxing Beaches In India To Visit In December
- Finance P2P Lending Cap Raised To Rs 50 Lakh
- Education Indian Navy Day: 5 Amazing Facts Students Should Know
MG Motors launched their first product, the Hector SUV in the Indian market back in June 2019. The MG Hector since its launch has received an overwhelming response in the country, with bookings for the SUV temporarily stopped.
According to the latest sales data, the MG Hector has recorded sales of 1,508 units in the month of July 2019; its first full month of sales in India. This sales figure, positions the Hector as the third best-selling mid-size SUV in the country.
The MG Hector in its first full month of sales has overtaken its competition, including the Tata Harrier, Mahindra XUV500 and the Jeep Compass. In comparison, the Mahindra XUV500 sold 1,116 units; Tata Harrier sold 740 units and the Jeep Compass recorded sales of 509 units during the same month.
The MG Hector is now the third best-selling mid-size SUV in the market, behind the Hyundai Creta with 6,585 units of sales and the Mahindra Scorpio with 2,864 units in July 2019. MG Motors has started deliveries of the Hector in the Indian market.
The company also plans to increase production to meet the growing demands in the country. Bookings are said to re-open soon, once the current deliveries are met.
The Hector is available with two engine options: 1.5-litre turbo-petrol producing 140bhp and 250Nm of torque and a 2.0-litre diesel churning out 173bhp and 350Nm of torque.
The diesel engine on the Hector is the same unit which powers both the Jeep Compass and the Tata Harrier. However, the Harrier comes with a different state-of-tune producing 140bhp and 350Nm of torque.
The petrol engine on the Hector also comes with an optional 48V hybrid system and is mated either to a six-speed manual or a seven-speed DCT. The diesel unit on the Hector, however, receives just the six-speed manual gearbox as standard.
The mid-size SUV from MG Motors also comes with a host of features, making it an extremely attractive package. The USP being the 10.4-inch vertically-oriented touchscreen infotainment system with AI-enabled voice assist and an e-sim embedded into the system.
Thoughts On The MG Hector Sales In India
The MG Hector has received an overwhelming response in the Indian market. The SUV comes with a host of features, bold design and is the country's first ‘Internet Car'. With the slowdown currently affecting the sales of most manufacturers in the Indian auto industry, it is interesting to see the Hector performing well in the market.