- 2 hrs ago Supreme Court To Pass Final Judgment On FADA’s Plea For BS4 Vehicle Registration
- 3 hrs ago Mahindra Thar Secures Four-Star Rating At Global NCAP Crash Tests: Watch The Test Video Here!
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Kawasaki ZX-10R & ZX-10RR Unveiled Globally: India Launch Expected Next Year
- 5 hrs ago Mercedes-Benz Partners With SBI To Announce Car Finance Options: Here Are All Details
- Finance LVB To Operate As DBS Bank From Friday; Equity Write Off Clause Remains As Though
- Technology Oppo Reno 5 Pro Full Specifications Revealed Via TENNA Listing
- News Delhi riots: Umar Khalid didn't take security to 'conspiratorial meetings', says charge sheet
- Lifestyle How An Accidental Text To US Teen In 2016 Became Bittersweet Thanksgiving For A Grandma
- Sports Lyon dominate FIFA nominations after five straight Champions League triumphs
- Movies Richa Chadha Defends Delhi Crime’s Emmy Win Against Troll: 'What Have You Done To Lessen Crime?'
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In December
- Education Nainital Bank Admit Card 2020 Released For PO And Clerk, Check Direct Link To Download
MG Motors in India has released its sales performance figures for the month of November 2019. According to the report, the MG Hector SUV has registered 3239 units of sales in the previous month.
However, this is a slight drop in monthly sales in the Indian market. The MG Hector sales in India dropped by almost 300 units between October and November this year. The company which registered 3,536 units of sales in October, registered 297 units less in the previous month.
The MG Hector is the first product from the brand in the Indian market. The SUV was launched earlier this year, in June 2019. Since then, the company has received an overwhelming response for the Hector, leading to a long waiting period of over three to four months in India.
Rakesh Sidana, Director - Sales, MG Motor India, said,
"The sustained momentum highlights how our debut offering in India continues to win the hearts of our customers. As part of our commitment to customer satisfaction, we continue to work with our global and local component suppliers to ensure timely deliveries of the MG Hector."
"We are focused on expanding our service network to cater to the service needs of our customers. Most of the expansion in the next few months will be on dedicated service outlets. We are looking forward to the unveiling of India's First Pure Electric Internet SUV - MG ZS EV on 5th December,2019."
The MG Hector is offered in four variants: Style, Super, Smart & Sharp. The base-spec model in the Hector range starts with a price tag of Rs 12.18 lakh, while the top-spec model is offered at Rs 16.88 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The MG Hector comes with a host of features and equipment. This includes LED headlamps, LED taillights, LED DRLs, a 10.4-inch vertically-stacked touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and a host of other connected features.
The Hector is offered with a range of two engine options: 1.5-litre turbo-petrol and a 2.0-litre diesel unit. The petrol engine produces 140bhp and 250Nm of torque while the diesel unit churns out 170bhp and 350Nm of peak torque. Both engines are mated to a six-speed manual gearbox, with the petrol unit receiving the optional DCT automatic as well.
Thoughts On The MG Hector Sales In India
The MG Hector is the first product from the Chinese-owned Britsh-brand in the Indian market. The Hector is positioned in the mid-size SUV segment, rivalling the likes of the Kia Seltos, Tata Harrier, Jeep Compass and the Mahindra XUV500. MG Motor is now working on introducing its next product in India, the eZS, which is scheduled to be unveiled on the 5th December.