- 1 hr ago 2020 Hyundai Creta Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch In India: Spy Pics & Details
- 2 hrs ago Toyota-Suzuki Compact Electric Vehicle Confirmed: India-Launch To Take Place Very Soon
- 2 hrs ago Jawa Sales Report: No Numbers Available Says SIAM
- 3 hrs ago Honda City BS-VI Petrol Engine Specs Leaked: India Launch Expected Next Year
- Sports Moahmmed Shami, Mayank say good to make batsmen 'dance' to their tunes
- Lifestyle 7 Signs That Will Tell You Whether You Are Ready For A Relationship
- Movies Sri Reddy Takes A Nasty Dig At Pawan Kalyan Yet Again Using A Cartoon; Leaves Fans Angry!
- News Justice will be done in 2021 when the guilty 'Cut Money' thieves will be thrown: Dilip Ghosh
- Technology Flipkart Diwali Sale: Up To 50% Off On Gaming Laptops
- Finance 6 Pointers To Note When Buying Gold Coin
- Travel 11 Best Places To Visit In India During Diwali
- Education Explore IBPS RRB Clerk Main Exam Analysis 2019
MG Motor India is all set to launch the Hector SUV in the Indian market. The MG Hector will be the first product from the British brand in the Indian market. Sources from MG Motor India have now confirmed us that the Hector SUV will go on sale in the market from the 27th June.
The MG Hector SUV is India's first 'Internet Car' and comes with a host of features and equipment. Bookings for the new MG Hector has already commenced with an amount of Rs 50,000. The SUV can be booked either online or through the 120 touch points spread across the country.
The MG Hector is a big and bulky product with a dominating presence on the road. The MG Hector measures 4,655mm in length, 1,835mm in width, 1,760mm in height and has a ground clearance of 198mm.
In terms of design, the MG Hector comes with a dual headlamp set up with the LED DRLs at the top, which also double up as the turn indicators. Below the DRLs are the LED projector headlamps. The side profile of the Hector comes with a boxy design with squarish wheel arches, 17-inch dual-tone alloy wheels and sharp shoulder lines and creases which enhances the sporty appeal of the SUV. The rear also gets LED tail lights connected at the centre. We recently got a chance to drive the MG Hector on the hilly regions of Coonoor near Coimbatore — here is our detailed review of the new MG Hector.
Inside, the MG Hector is offered with an all-black interior offering a premium look to the car. The main part of the interiors however is the 10.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system, which comes with MG's i-Smart technology. The AI-enabled i-Smart technology offers a number of additional features, many of them specifically for the Indian market.
The MG Hector is available in both petrol and diesel engines. This comes in the form of a 1.5-litre turbo-petrol and a 2.0-litre diesel engine options. The petrol engine churns out 143bhp and 250Nm of torque while he diesel produces 173bhp and 350Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox, with the petrol receiving the optional DCT gearbox as well.
Thoughts On The MG Hector India-Launch
The MG Hector is India's first Internet Car and is also the first product from the Chinese-owned British brand in the country. The Hector is expected to be offered with a competitive price tag somewhere in the Rs 14 to 19 lakh price range, ex-showroom. Once launched in India, the MG Hector will directly rival the likes of the Tata Harrier and the Jeep Compass.