- 3 hrs ago Want Official Accessories For You Renault Duster: Full List And Details
- 8 hrs ago Revolt RV 400 Launch Date Confirmed — India’s First AI-Enabled Electric Motorcycle Is Almost Here!
- 11 hrs ago Jawa 42 Galactic Green Colour Denied Registration: RTO Explains Why
- 13 hrs ago CF Moto Launch Four New Motorcycles In India — Prices Start At Rs 2.29 Lakh
- Movies TBT Pic: Ranveer Singh & Ranbir Kapoor Seen Chilling Together On Tamasha Set Without Deepika!
- News Ready to face arrest: Priyanka Gandhi ups ante against UP govt over Sonbhadra incident
- Technology Hotstar Leads Entertainment Apps Installations: Study
- Sports PKL 2019: Telugu Titans host U Mumba in Season 7 curtain-raiser
- Finance Reliance Industries Net Rises; Jio Profits Grow
- Lifestyle Kylie Jenner And BFF Anastasia Karanikolaou Give Us Insta-Perfect Party Fashion Moments
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
- Education CBSE Compartment Result 2019: Links To Check Class 12 Board Exam Results
MG Motor India is all set to launch the Hector SUV in the Indian market. The MG Hector will be the first product from the British brand in the Indian market. Sources from MG Motor India have now confirmed us that the Hector SUV will go on sale in the market from the 27th June.
The MG Hector SUV is India's first 'Internet Car' and comes with a host of features and equipment. Bookings for the new MG Hector has already commenced with an amount of Rs 50,000. The SUV can be booked either online or through the 120 touch points spread across the country.
The MG Hector is a big and bulky product with a dominating presence on the road. The MG Hector measures 4,655mm in length, 1,835mm in width, 1,760mm in height and has a ground clearance of 198mm.
In terms of design, the MG Hector comes with a dual headlamp set up with the LED DRLs at the top, which also double up as the turn indicators. Below the DRLs are the LED projector headlamps. The side profile of the Hector comes with a boxy design with squarish wheel arches, 17-inch dual-tone alloy wheels and sharp shoulder lines and creases which enhances the sporty appeal of the SUV. The rear also gets LED tail lights connected at the centre. We recently got a chance to drive the MG Hector on the hilly regions of Coonoor near Coimbatore — here is our detailed review of the new MG Hector.
Inside, the MG Hector is offered with an all-black interior offering a premium look to the car. The main part of the interiors however is the 10.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system, which comes with MG's i-Smart technology. The AI-enabled i-Smart technology offers a number of additional features, many of them specifically for the Indian market.
The MG Hector is available in both petrol and diesel engines. This comes in the form of a 1.5-litre turbo-petrol and a 2.0-litre diesel engine options. The petrol engine churns out 143bhp and 250Nm of torque while he diesel produces 173bhp and 350Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox, with the petrol receiving the optional DCT gearbox as well.
Thoughts On The MG Hector India-Launch
The MG Hector is India's first Internet Car and is also the first product from the Chinese-owned British brand in the country. The Hector is expected to be offered with a competitive price tag somewhere in the Rs 14 to 19 lakh price range, ex-showroom. Once launched in India, the MG Hector will directly rival the likes of the Tata Harrier and the Jeep Compass.