- 52 min ago Kawasaki Ninja 300 Recalled To Replace Faulty Brake Component — Is Your Motorcycle Involved?
- 53 min ago New (2019) Hyundai Grand i10 India-Launch On 20th August — Even Ahead Of Its Global Public Debut
- 1 hr ago Napino Signs MOU With Farasis Energy Inc. — Will Manufacture Battery Packs For EVs In India
- 3 hrs ago DSK Owned Benelli & Hyosung Motorcycles Up For Grabs – Will Be Available Through Online Auction Only
- News Retained it because it was lucky: Kumaraswamy on why he stayed on at Taj West End
- Sports Virat Kohli retains top spot in ICC Test Rankings; Ashwin, Jadeja remain in top 10 for bowlers
- Technology Track Every Step You Take With Under Armour’s High-Performance Smart Running Shoes
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil 3 Contestants Salary: Who Takes Home The Maximum Pay?
- Lifestyle L-carnitine: Its Benefits, Sources And Side Effects
- Education Chandrayaan 2: Free Online Courses In Aerospace Engineering Offered By HRD Ministry's Swayam Portal
- Finance 4 Best Small Cap Mutual Funds To Buy
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
MG Motor India is all set to launch their first product in the Indian market, in the form of the Hector SUV. The MG Hector will launch on 27 June 2019 and will be positioned in the highly competitive mid-size SUV segment.
Bookings for the MG Hector has already begun for an amount of Rs 50,000. Deliveries are set to begin immediately from the time of launch. Prices for the Hector will be unveiled tomorrow, but we do expect it to be priced similar to its competition in the range of Rs 14 lakh to Rs 18 lakh, ex-showroom.
The MG Hector will also be India's first 'Internet Car', featuring an AI-enabled voice assist. The SUV also comes with an e-sim from Airtel allowing internet connection on the go; justifying the 'Internet Inside' badging on the exterior.
The MG Hector is a fun car to drive and offers good amount of power from both the petrol and diesel engines on offer. The main USB of the MG Hector is the feature-packed interiors; the highlight being the 10.4-inch vertically-stacked touchscreen infotainment system. We drove the MG Hector recently and came out pretty impressed with the SUV — here is our detailed review.
In terms of appearance, the MG Hector is a big, bulky SUV with a boxy design. Starting from the front, the Hector receives a massive front grille, flanked on either side by a dual headlamp setup. This includes the sleek LED DRLs on top and the main LED projector headlamps housed lower down on the front bumpers. The DRLs also double up as dynamic turn signals.
The side of the MG Hector is characterised by the boxy appearance with sharp shoulder lines and creases all along its length, adding to the sporty nature of the SUV. The SUV also comes with squared wheel arches, adding to the boxy design of the Hector. The SUV rides on the 17-inch dual-tone ally wheels, which look premium, however feel a tad small with the overall dimensions of the MG Hector. The rear profile as well comes with LED tail lights and dynamic turn indicators. The tail lights are connected at the centre, giving it a more premium appeal.
The MG Hector will come powered by two engine options: 1.5-litre turbo-petrol producing 143bhp and 350Nm of torque and a 2.0-litre diesel unit sourced from FCA. It produces the same power output as on the Jeep Compass; 172bhp and 350Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox, with the petrol receiving the optional automatic transmission as well.
Thoughts On The MG Hector Launch
The MG Hector is the first product from the Chinese-owned British brand in the Indian market. The Hector once launched will rival the likes of the Jeep Compass, Tata Harrier and the Mahindra XUV500. MG has also confirmed that the second product from the brand will be an electric vehicle, which has already been spotted testing in the country.