- 9 hrs ago KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- 1 day ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- 2 days ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 2 days ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launch Highlights: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- News Jharkhand poll 2019 LIVE: 20 constituencies vote in second phase today
- Movies Dabangg 3: Newbie Saiee Manjrekar Was Not Intimidated Working With Salman Khan
- Sports I-League 2019-20: NFC 1-0 AFC: Neroca prevail in the first Northeastern Derby of the season
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A31 Color Options Revealed: Rumored Specs, Launch Date And More
- Lifestyle Kareena Kapoor Khan's Diet Revealed By Her Nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
- Education Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: How To Participate In PPC 2020 Contest?
- Finance Axis Bank CFO Resigns
MG Motors India launched their first product, the Hector in the market recently. The MG Hector is the country's first car with 'Internet Inside'. The Hector is positioned in the highly competitive mid-size SUV segment and is available with a starting price of Rs 12.18 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The launch of the MG Hector in India was received with an overwhelming response. MG Motors India even had to stop accepting bookings for the SUV. Now, the company has announced that the bookings for the Hector will reopen back in October.
Once bookings for the MG Hector reopens in India, all customers will have to wait til 2020 to receive their SUVs. Waiting period for the MG Hector in many cities around the country is as high as six months
However, to retain their waiting customers in India, MG Motors has come up with a unique initiative. This allows customers to earn 1000 points every week till the delivery of their Hector SUVs. Once the car is delivered, the customer can then redeem these points through various methods, such as purchasing accessories or payment for the maintenance packages as well — here are all the details.
In terms of the car itself, the MG Hector comes with a very bold, imposing and aggressive design. It comes with a host of features including LED headlamps, LED DRLs, LED tail lights, 17-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels, 10.4-inch vertically-stacked touchscreen infotainment system, partially-digital instrument cluster, rear AC vents, cruise control and a host of others.
In terms of mechanicals, the MG Hector is powered by two engine options, a 1.5-litre turbo-petrol and a 2.0-litre diesel engine. The petrol unit churns out 143bhp and 250Nm of torque while the diesel engine produces 173bhp and 350Nm of torque.
Both engines come mated to a standard six-speed manual, with the petrol receiving the optional DCT automatic gearbox as well. The petrol engine further comes with the additional 48V hybrid system as well as optional.
The MG Hector performed well in the Indian market in the month of August, registering 2,018 units of sales. The company is now working towards increasing production of its manufacturing plant, to better cater to the rising demands and bring down waiting period across all cities.
Thoughts On The MG Hector Bookings Reopening In October
The MG Hector is positioned in the highly competitive mid-size SUV segment in the country. The SUV rivals the likes of the Kia Seltos, Tata Harrier, Jeep Compass, Mahindra XUV500 and the Hyundai Creta in the segment.