- 10 hrs ago Chandrayaan-2 Is Launched Successfully While Polaris Pays Tribute To The Original Lunar Rover
- 11 hrs ago Hyundai Mobis Develops First Camera Monitor System — Side-View Mirror Replacement
- 12 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Receives More Than 45,000 Bookings In A Month — Giving Tough Competition To Its Rivals
- 13 hrs ago Hyundai Kona EV Gets 120 Bookings & Over 10,000 Test-Drive Requests In Just 10 Days
- Technology These Wireless Neckband Headphones In India Have Superior Battery Life
- Movies iSmart Shankar Worldwide Box Office Collections Day 5: Ram Pothineni Starrer Continues To Impress!
- News UK High Court rules in favour of Indian banks, asks Mallya to disclose assets
- Sports Mohammad Azharuddin urges MS Dhoni to play aggressively as long as he wishes plays for India
- Lifestyle Up In The Air! Chandrayaan 2, Things To Know About India's Second Trip To The Moon
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
MG Motors has unveiled their global electric SUV, the eZS EV. The new MG eZS EV is said to go on sale in the international market soon and will also be launched in India. MG Motors confirmed that the new pure-electric SUV, will be launched in India in December 2019.
Along with its India-launch, the MG eZS EV SUV will further go on sale in other countries such as UK, Germany, Australia, Thailand and the Middle East. The MG eZS is also the first global electric SUV from the brand in the Indian market. It will also be the second product in India after the Hector SUV, scheduled to go on sale in India sometime in June-2019.
Rajeev Chaba, President & MD, MG Motor India, stated:
"With a modern design and advanced technology, the MG eZS will herald a new chapter in environment-friendly solutions in India. While the petrol version of the MG ZS had already become a popular choice globally, we are confident that its zero-emissions electric equivalent will bring accessible electric motoring to the customers in India upon its launch by the end of this year."
"We hope by the time we launch the vehicle; the government would have announced the much-needed subsidies and incentives for the EVs under the recently announced FAME II scheme so that the people are encouraged to by the environmentally friendly mobility solutions. More details about the specifications and features of the eZS will be announced at a later stage."
Currently, MG Motor India is working towards setting up a strong foundation in the market, for future operations. The SAIC-owned British brand is planning to set up 120 sales and service outlets across the country.
MG Motor India recently showcased its latest i-Smart Next-gen system. This new connectivity feature will be embedded onto the MG product's 10.4-inch vertical interface infotainment setup. It will debut on the upcoming MG Hector, before being made available on the MG eZS SUV as well — read here to know more about the i-Smart connectivity feature.
Thoughts On The MG eZS EV SUV Global Unveil
MG Motor India had already confirmed that their second product for the Indian market would be an all-electric vehicle. With the global unveil of the MG eZS EV, the brand confirmed the second model for the Indian market, while also announcing a timeline for its launch. Currently, their main focus for the Indian market is the set up of a strong sales and service network and the launch of the new Hector SUV.