- 6 hrs ago Odd-Even Rule Returns To Delhi In November: We Have All The Details
- 7 hrs ago TVS Riding Gear & Causal Apparel Launched In India: We Have All The Details
- 9 hrs ago Mahindra XUV500 BS-VI Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch Next Year: Spy Pics & Details
- 12 hrs ago KTM Duke 250 Finance Options On Offer: Low Interest Rate & Exchange Bonus Offered Across India
- Movies Gold Awards 2019 Winners Web Series: Sunny Leone, Kunal Jaisingh, Ronit Roy & Others Bag Awards
- News Soubhagya Routray, gets prestigious Doctorate for his 'work' on underprivileged children
- Technology ZTE Blade A7s, ZTE Blade 20 Smart Xiaoxin Edition Unveiled: Price, Specs And More
- Sports India Vs South Africa: Local boy Shahbaz Nadeem replaces injured Kuldeep Yadav for Ranchi Test
- Lifestyle Diwali 2019: What Are Green Crackers And Why You Should Be Using Them
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
- Travel Simple Tips & Tricks For Booking Cheap Flight Tickets In India
- Finance Rules On Vehicle Insurance Claims On Driving Under The Influence Of Alcohol
MG Motor recently launched their first product in the Indian market, with the mid-size Hector SUV. Now, the company is already working on the launch of its second product, the eZS electric SUV for India.
We had earlier reported that the new MG eZS electric SUV will go on sale later this year (sometime in December 2019). Now Autocar India reports that MG will launch the electric SUV in a phased manner in the country.
The MG eZS will be launched initially in five cities: Delhi-NCR, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bangalore & Ahmedabad. These selected cities will also receive the required charging infrastructure for eZS, ahead of its launch.
MG is said to have partnered with Fortum - a Finnish energy company, to help them set up the country's first 50Kw DC fast-charger across all their dealerships in the five cities. These fast-chargers is expected to be set up ahead of the eZS launch, sometime by the month of September.
Apart from the fast-charging technology in the company dealerships, MG has also collaborated with a domestic partner to set up home charging points for the customers. These home charging points will be set up by MG themselves at an additional cost to the customers.
Rajeev Chaba, President & MD, MG Motor India told Autocar:
"We have to make a start. We cannot wait for infrastructure to develop and then launch the car. EV is the direction and the future. And from our perspective, luckily we have the technology and the product. So, why not take advantage of that and do it?"
He further added, "From an infrastructure perspective, our goal is very simple. If the range is around 300km, then you can give the option to the consumer to charge at home every day. We will ensure that the charging infrastructure at the consumer's place is done by us."
In terms of the MG eZS electric SUV itself, the company is yet to officially announce the exact power figures from the electric motor powering the model. However, the eZS is said to have a maximum range of 300km on a single charge.
Thoughts On The MG eZS Electric SUV Launch & Charging Infrastructure Plans
The MG eZs SUV will be the second product from the brand and the first electric vehicle in the Indian market. The MG eZS will be imported into the country as a CKD unit and assembled in the brand's Halol plant in Gujarat. Once launched in India later this year, the MG eZS will rival the likes of the Hyundai Kona electric SUV which is said to debut in India soon.