- 1 day ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 1 day ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 1 day ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- News Meet the youngest Lok Sabha MP from Odisha, Chandrani Murmu
- Movies Latest TRP Ratings: Kasautii Zindagii Kay 2 Pushes Kumkum Bhagya To Second Spot; YRKKH Drops Down!
- Sports I was fighting with the spirit of Lauda - Hamilton wins his 'hardest race'
- Lifestyle Cannes 2019 Diary: Who Looked The Most Outstanding From The Final Two Days?
- Technology Google Pixel 3 XL price axed by Rs 28,000, now available starting at Rs 54,999
- Education LIC AAO Result 2019: Check Result Date And Other Details
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Chinese-owned British carmaker Morris Garage (MG) is set to bring its eZS electric SUV to India by the end of 2019 according to a new media report. The MG eZS is the pure-electric version of the British marque's ZS SUV and was unveiled to the world at the Guangzhou Motor Show in November 2018.
MG Motor is set to arrive in India with its made-for-India Hector SUV in the middle of 2019. While the British marque confirmed that it was bringing one of its electric SUVs to the sub-continent as the second model for its Indian lineup, it had not revealed which of its zero emissions would be the one hitting our roads first. Now, a report by Overdrive is claiming that the all-electric SUV that the SIAC-owned MG Motor will be bringing into India will be the MG eZS.
Unveiled late last year in Guangzhou, the MG eZS will be a rival for the Hyundai Kona EV which itself is also arriving in India later this year. The MG eZS is powered by a single electric motor which is connected to the front axle of the SUV. The electric motor cranks out 148bhp and 350Nm of torque and is connected to a battery pack which gives a range of 428 kilometres. MG claims that the battery pack supports fast charging and can replenish 80 percent of its charge in just 30 minutes.
In India, the new eZS will be the second new SUV in its sojourn into India. The first vehicle will be another SUV which will bear the nametag Hector. The MG Hector is a C-Segment SUV that will arrive in India early in the second half of the year and is based on the Baojun 530 that is sold in China by SIAC. However, the new Hector has been tweaked to help it tackle Indian conditions better. The new Hector will sport dimensions larger than the current Hyundai Tucson.
The Hector SUV will be offered in both petrol and diesel engine options with the latter expected to be the 2.0-litre turbo diesel unit from Fiat Chrysler Automobiles which also powers the Jeep Compass and the Tata Harrier.
MG is looking to heavily localize production of its vehicles in India and the Hector will feature 75 percent localization. This will ensure that MG can price the Hector aggressively in a market obsessed with price.