- 6 hrs ago 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon To Be Called Moab In India
- 7 hrs ago 45 At An Auction And Everything Else — A List Of Motorcycles That Could Have Been
- 8 hrs ago Ducati Panigale V4 25 Anniversario 916 Launched In India — Priced At Rs 54.90 Lakh
- 8 hrs ago Ford Teams Up With Volkswagen For EVs By 2023 — Ford To Use VWs MEB Platform
- News Karnataka Crisis: SC to take up rebel MLAs' plea, BJP keeps close watch
- Movies Bigg Boss 3 Tamil Week 4 Eviction List: 5 Contestants To Feel The Heat This Time!
- Finance June Trade Deficit Narrows To $15.28 Billion; Exports Fall
- Sports MS Dhoni could be axed from Team India if he doesn't retire; Virat Kohli's captaincy to be reviewed: Reports
- Technology Realme X Review: New Benchmark To Beat In Sub 20K Price-Point
- Lifestyle Guru Purnima 2019: Messages And Quotes To Wish Your Guru
- Education ICAR AIEEA Result 2019 Likely To Be Released On This Date
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
A Mercedes-Benz G-Class crashed through a glass wall and fell three stories down recently. The accident was reported to occur near a famous boulevard in North Hollywood, Los Angeles California.
The fall was reported to occur at 11 pm in the night. As per reports from ABC7 News, the SUV crashed into the parking garage's glass walls and landed on the asphalt three stories down. The G-Class lay on its roof amid all the shattered glass and massive concrete all around.
The driver in the Mercedes G-Class luckily walked away with only minor injuries, considering the magnitude of the crash. The driver has further been taken to the hospital and is reported to be in stable condition and recovering from the incident well.
Police authorities in the area mentioned that the driver had pressed the acceleration pedal instead of the brake, which led to the incident. They also clarified that the incident was not a DUI (Driver Under Influence) case.
Also thankfully, the incident happened at night, which resulted in no other personnel or cars being involved in the incident. The spot where the accident took place is supposed to be on a busy LA boulevard.
The Mercedes-Benz G-Class is one of the strongest and safest cars offered by the German luxury carmaker.
Mercedes-Benz in India offers the G-Class in just a single variant - G63 AMG. The Mercedes G63 AMG in India is powered by a 4.0-litre bi-turbo V8 producing 585bhp and 850Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a nine-speed AMG SPEEDSHIFT automatic transmission powering all four wheels through the brand's 4Matic all-wheel-drive system.
The 2018 Mercedes-AMG G63 was recently launched in the Indian market at a starting price of Rs 2.19 crore, ex-showroom (India). The G63 AMG weighs in at 2.5 tonnes and can sprint from 0 - 100km/h in just 4.5 seconds. The top-speed is electronically-limited to 220km/h, which can be increased to 240km/h through the AMG driver's package.
Thoughts On The Mercedes-Benz G-Class Three-Story Fall
The Mercedes-Benz G-Class is said to be one of the safest cars in the German brand's lineup. Considering the crash, it is fortunate to see the driver was able to walk off with just minor injuries and in a stable condition. In India, the Mercedes-AMG G63 rival the likes of the Range Rover Sport SVR, BMW X5M and the Porsche Cayenne Turbo.