- 21 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 23 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 24 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 24 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Jadeja hopes to get better wickets in tournament proper
- News Shaadi at gunpoint: Youth stalks Bhojpuri actress Ritu Singh, forcer her to marry
- Education LIC AAO Result 2019: Check Result Date And Other Details
- Movies India's Most Wanted SECOND DAY Box Office Collection: Arjun Kapoor's Film Continues To Crawl!
- Lifestyle 5 Papaya Face Masks To Remove Facial Hair
- Technology China Unicom announces world's first Super 5G SIM with 128 GB storage
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
German luxury carmaker Mercedes-Benz has revealed the EQC Edition 1886 electric SUV at the 2019 New York International Auto Show. The Mercedes EQC 1886 edition is a special version of Merc's first electric vehicle under the EQ brand. The name of the special edition EV honours the Benz Patent Motorwagen, the world's first motorcar which was patented 133 years ago by Karl Benz.
The EQC Edition 1886 from Mercedes-Benz brings with it a few cosmetic changes compared to the regular electric SUV which will go on sale later this year. These changes include a revised radiator grille with with louvres and edging in high-gloss black.
The reworked badges on the car are done up in gloss black as well. Also seen is special EQC Edition 1886 lettering on the mudguard and 10-spoke 20-inch alloy wheels done up in high-gloss black with white decorative elements.
Inside, the cosmetic changes continue with EQC Edition 1886 lettering embroidered into the seat backrests. The seats are done up in leather and microfibre maerials with indigo and black being the colour theme. The front seats are also electrically adjustable. The EQC Edition 1886 is also seen in the form of a badge on the centre console. The floor mats also feature the letters EQC embroidered into them. The special edition electric SUV also gets a premium Burmeister audio system and the German marque's 'Energising package'.
Also as standard, the required maintenance work for a period of up to six years or a mileage of 150,000 kilometres will be covered by the Maintainance Service. The EQC Edition 1886 will be collected for maintenance work over a period of six years (or up to six times) and will also be returned upon the customer's request if the 'Pick-up & Delivery Service' is checked as well.
The electric powertrain remains unchanged in the EQC Edition 1886 with the pair of asynchronous electric motors sending 396bhp and 700Nm of torque to all four wheels. The sprint from 0–100km/h takes just 5.1 seconds and the top speed is electronically limited to 180km/h.
Speaking about the EQC Edition 1886, Britta Seeger, Member of the Board of Management of Daimler AG responsible for Mercedes-Benz Cars Sales said, "The EQC is the pioneer of our future Mercedes-Benz EQ vehicle portfolio. For the market launch, the EQC Edition 1886 serves as a reminder of the invention of the first automobile and we are emphasizing the pioneering spirit that sustains and characterises us today more than ever. Back then, we were the ones to first revolutionise individual mobility. The EQC now once again marks the departure into a new era. An era in which electric mobility is reliable, simple and at the same time exciting."