- 8 hrs ago Skoda Karoq And Kamiq SUV India Launch Timeline Confirmed
- 8 hrs ago Deliveries Of The Ducati Panigale V4 R Begin In India
- 11 hrs ago Mahindra Bolero Pick-Up Range Crosses 15 Lakh Production Units Milestone
- 11 hrs ago Suzuki Jimny India Launch Confirmed For Late-2019: Might Be Rebadged As Gypsy For Indian Market
- Technology Most Trending Samsung Smartphones – Galaxy Note10, Galaxy A50, Galaxy A90 And More
- News IRCTC offers 5-day tour to Kanyakumari, Rameswaram and Madurai; details here
- Sports Vinay Kumar bids adieu to Karnataka; joins Puducherry
- Movies RIP Khayyam: Lata Mangeshkar, Javed Akhtar, PM Modi Tweet Condolence Messages
- Lifestyle What Are Happy Hormones And 7 Natural Ways To Boost Them
- Education Karnataka PGCET 2019 Result On August 22; Check Counselling Schedule
- Finance FASTags Mandatory For Toll Payment On Highways Starting December 1
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
German luxury carmaker Mercedes-Benz has revealed the EQC Edition 1886 electric SUV at the 2019 New York International Auto Show. The Mercedes EQC 1886 edition is a special version of Merc's first electric vehicle under the EQ brand. The name of the special edition EV honours the Benz Patent Motorwagen, the world's first motorcar which was patented 133 years ago by Karl Benz.
The EQC Edition 1886 from Mercedes-Benz brings with it a few cosmetic changes compared to the regular electric SUV which will go on sale later this year. These changes include a revised radiator grille with with louvres and edging in high-gloss black.
The reworked badges on the car are done up in gloss black as well. Also seen is special EQC Edition 1886 lettering on the mudguard and 10-spoke 20-inch alloy wheels done up in high-gloss black with white decorative elements.
Inside, the cosmetic changes continue with EQC Edition 1886 lettering embroidered into the seat backrests. The seats are done up in leather and microfibre maerials with indigo and black being the colour theme. The front seats are also electrically adjustable. The EQC Edition 1886 is also seen in the form of a badge on the centre console. The floor mats also feature the letters EQC embroidered into them. The special edition electric SUV also gets a premium Burmeister audio system and the German marque's 'Energising package'.
Also as standard, the required maintenance work for a period of up to six years or a mileage of 150,000 kilometres will be covered by the Maintainance Service. The EQC Edition 1886 will be collected for maintenance work over a period of six years (or up to six times) and will also be returned upon the customer's request if the 'Pick-up & Delivery Service' is checked as well.
The electric powertrain remains unchanged in the EQC Edition 1886 with the pair of asynchronous electric motors sending 396bhp and 700Nm of torque to all four wheels. The sprint from 0–100km/h takes just 5.1 seconds and the top speed is electronically limited to 180km/h.
Speaking about the EQC Edition 1886, Britta Seeger, Member of the Board of Management of Daimler AG responsible for Mercedes-Benz Cars Sales said, "The EQC is the pioneer of our future Mercedes-Benz EQ vehicle portfolio. For the market launch, the EQC Edition 1886 serves as a reminder of the invention of the first automobile and we are emphasizing the pioneering spirit that sustains and characterises us today more than ever. Back then, we were the ones to first revolutionise individual mobility. The EQC now once again marks the departure into a new era. An era in which electric mobility is reliable, simple and at the same time exciting."