- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso India Launch Confirmed For The 30th Of September: Details & Specs
- 1 day ago Benling Aura Electric Scooter Launching In September: Will Rival The Ather 450 In India
- 1 day ago Kia Seltos Top Features: Here Are The Key Features Available On The Kia Seltos SUV
- 1 day ago Maruti XL6 Official Accessories Launched: Gets Roof Spoiler, Carpet Mats & More!
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Match No. 61: UP Yoddha vs Puneri Paltan: Dream11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips
- Technology How To Add And Remove Channel Packs Using Tata Sky Mobile App
- News G7 to help nations hit by Amazon fires: Macron
- Lifestyle LFW W/F 2019 Day 5: Kangana Ranaut Took Our Breath Away With A Pastel Blue Make-up Look
- Movies Inshallah: Who's Trying To Sabotage Salman Khan's Movie? Theatrical Rights Sold for Rs 190 Crore!
- Finance Gold Scales To Rs. 38,600 On Fed Powell Comments And Grim Trade War Outlook
- Education NTA To Conduct JNU Entrance Test JNUET In May 2020
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
The 2020 Mercedes Benz GLB was was officially unveiled at the Shanghai International Auto Show, and is now all set for a year end launch. The compact SUV is a crossover that offers seating capacity for up to seven passengers.
The 2020 Mercedes Benz GLB features a boxy profile, and a rugged stance that make the car look ultra modern. The car features 18" alloy wheels, a short front and overhang. It also has a unique door arrangement.
The doors cover part of the side bar and open wider than conventional doors. This design prevents dirt from collecting in door openings. The car also features a protective cladding fitted to the underbody at the front and rear of the GLB.
The wheelbase is shorter than the wheelbase of the Mercedes Benz GLC but longer than that of the GLA. Mercedes say this has resulted in a more spacious cabin and third row seating. The second row seats are set in a 40:20:40 split folding-style offering easier access to the rear seats.
Features on the interior of the Mercedes Benz GLB include three rounded central air conditioning vents, a wide screen cock pit and infotainment system that features MBUX multimedia, a 7-inch digital instrument cluster, and a 7-inch touchscreen display that is Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatible.
Other features present on the 2020 Mercedes Benz GLC are electronically adjustable driver and passenger seats, keyless entry, a rear view camera, dual zone climate control, fog lamps, cruise control and a power lift gate. The car also features Active Brake Assist, Adaptive Braking, Hill Start Assist, Crosswind Assist, and Mercedes' Attention Assist System.
The GLC is powered by the M260 engine. This is a 2.0-Litre turbocharged four-cylinder that produces 221bhp of power and 349.8Nm of torque. The car is capable of the 0-100kmph mark in 6.9 seconds, and a top speed of 209kmph.
The engine is mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission. The 4MATIC AWD system is available as an optional. Suspension duties are handled by via MacPherson' at the front, and multi-link axle with compression springs at the rear. Adaptive Damping is offered as an optional. Adaptive Damping allows the driver to choose between Comfort and Sport suspension mode via a dynamic select switch.
There is n o official information about pricing of the SUV, and no information about when it will launch in India. Rumor has it that the vehicle will be priced at about $35,000 (Rs 24,30,820 plus taxes and extras). Once launched, the Mercedes Benz GLB will compete against the Volkswagen Tiguan, Range Rover Discovery Sport and the Audi Q3.
Thoughts Abut The New Mercedes Benz GLB
What we can say is that we like what we see. The SUV looks simple but stunning. We hope the car is launched soon, and come to India as soon as possible. Can't wait to test drive this beauty.