- 17 min ago Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Gets Five-Year Warranty — Aims To Beat Hyundai Venue & Mahindra XUV300
- 26 min ago Suzuki Burgman Street 125 Launched In New Matte Black Paint Scheme — Priced At Rs 69,208
- 2 hrs ago Kia Seltos — Top Thing To Know About India’s Most-Awaited SUV Of 2019
- 2 hrs ago Öhlins Launches Aftermarket Suspension System For Royal Enfield 650 Twins
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019 Likely To Be Out Soon
- News Watch: Video explaining Chandrayaan-2 mission tweeted by ISRO
- Movies Rishi Kapoor Is On Cloud Nine After Having Some 'Correct Aate Ka Phulka' At Anupam Kher's House!
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
- Sports The tale of two chief selectors: MSK Prasad and Inzamam
- Technology Vivo Z5 Launch Set on July 31 Officially Confirmed: What to Expect
- Travel Mysore to Ooty Bike Trip Guide, Route Map, Attractions and Places to Visit
- Lifestyle This Designer's Tentacle Tights Are A Huge Draw On The Internet
Mercedes-Benz has unveiled their GLB Concept at the 2019 Shanghai Motor Show. The Mercedes-Benz GLB Concept showcased at the motor show is said to be almost production-ready.
The Mercedes-Benz GLB will be positioned between the upcoming GLA facelift and the recently introduced GLC SUV. It will also be the eighth model from Mercedes-Benz to be part of the brand's MFA architecture.
Other models which are part of the same platform include: A-Class hatchback and sedan, B-Class, CLA,CLA shooting brake, GLA and the China-specific A-Class long wheelbase sedan.
In terms of dimensions, the Mercedes-Benz GLB Concept is 4,634mm in length, 1,890mm in width and 1,900mm tall. The GLB Concept also comes with a wheelbase of 2,829mm, which is 130mm longer than the GLA.
The overall dimensions of the GLB concept, along with its boxy design, allow the SUV to feature three-rows of seats. In terms of design, the GLB Concept showcases Mercedes-Benz's latest styling philosophy. This includes a large radiator grille up front, squarish LED headlamps, upright rear fascia, LED tail lights and large flared wheel arches. Mercedes-Benz did state that the GLB concept does come with production-ready body panels, however, it will feature different wheels, tracks and rim design.
The new Mercedes-Benz GLB Concept borrows a number of components from the latest A-Class family as well. For example the interiors feature a steering wheel with the dual display, air-con vents and the centre console; all of which have been borrowed from the latest-generation A-Class.
The Mercedes-Benz GLB Concept is available in a standard five-seat configuration. However, a seven-seater configuration is also available, with the addition of third-row of seats. The second-row can be folded in a 40:20:40 ratio offering a level loading bay. The middle-row can also be moved forward by 140mm, which further provides additional space for the passengers in the third-row.
The Mercedes-Benz GLB will be powered by a 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine producing 221bhp and 350Nm of torque. It will further be mated to an eight-speed automatic gearbox. Mercedes-Benz will also offer the GLB with a diesel powertrain, however, these details are yet to be revealed. Mercedes-Benz might also bring in an AMG version of the GLB sometime in the near future.
Thoughts On The Mercedes-Benz GLB Concept
The Mercedes-Benz GLB Concept showcased at the Auto Shanghai, will go into production sometime later this year. The production-ready version of the GLB Concept will be showcased at the 2019 Frankfurt Auto Show. Once launched in the international market, the Mercedes-Benz will rival the likes of the Audi Q3, BMW X1 and the Volvo XC40.