- 1 day ago Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 1 day ago Yamaha R15 V3.0 BS-VI Launched In India At Rs 1.45 Lakh With Lower Power & Torque Figures
- 3 days ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- 3 days ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- News Senior Shiv Sena leader hints at patch-up with BJP, says 'Uddhav will take decision at right time'
- Movies Dulquer Salmaan: 'I'll Be Lying If I Say I Really Struggled'
- Sports Pakistan will not play any home series on neutral venue: PCB chief Mani
- Finance Yes Bank Defers Decision On Allotment Of Shares To Citax; Braich's Bid Under Discussion
- Technology RedmiBook 13 With Intel Core i5/i7 Announced For Around Rs. 43,500
- Lifestyle This Viral Video Of Chimpanzee Carefully Washing A T-Shirt Will Leave You Surprised
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Mercedes-Benz has launched the iconic G-wagon in the Indian market. The new Mercedes-Benz G 350d is now available in India for a price of Rs 1.5 crore, ex-showroom (India).
The company already sells the performance-oriented Mercedes-AMG G 63 in India with a price tag of Rs 2.19 crore. However, the new model undercuts the AMG version, adding to the G-Class lineup in the Indian market.
The new Mercedes-Benz G-wagon or the G 350d is powered by a 3.0-litre inline six-cylinder diesel engine. It produces 282bhp and 600Nm of peak torque. This is the same engine, which also powers the S-Class 350d in the Indian market. The engine is BS-VI compliant from the start as well.
The engine is mated to a standard 9G-Tronic automatic transmission, sending power to all four wheels. Mercedes-Benz claims that the G 350d can reach a top speed of 199km/h while taking 7.4 seconds to sprint from 0 - 100km/h.
The G-wagon also comes with differential locks at the front and rear axles, as well as a central differential. The power from the gearbox is sent to a permanent four-wheel-drive system, offering impressive capabilities in any kind of off-roading terrain.
The Mercedes-Benz G 350d comes with a ground clearance of 241mm and has a 700mm water wading capability. The standard G-wagon also claims to offer better approach and departure angles than its G 63 AMG sibling. This includes 30.9-degrees, 29.9-degrees and 25.7-degrees for approach, departure and ramps breakover angles, respectively.
In terms of its overall design, the Mercedes-Benz G 350d continues to feature the same boxy and iconic image, synonymous with the G-Wagon. This includes upright angles, large pan-Americana grille at the front, circular headlamp units and large 20-inch alloy wheels; which add to its character.
Inside, the G-Wagon comes with a host of luxury features and equipment. Some of the features on the new Mercedes-Benz G 350d: 12.3-inch screen for both the instrument cluster and infotainment system, leather seat upholstery, powered front seats, push-button start/stop, cruise control, LED headlamps, three-zone climate control, ambient lighting, multi-function steering wheel and a host of other creature comfort features.
In terms of safety equipment, the new Mercedes-Benz G 350d comes with eight airbags, ABS with EBD, brake assist, traction control, ESC and hill-start assist; to name a few.
Martin Schwenk, MD & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India, stated:
"Today, Mercedes-Benz offers the fans and customers in India the first-ever diesel G-Class, the Mercedes-Benz G 350 d. The G 350 d with limitless customization possibilities is positioned as a lifestyle vehicle for aficionados, who want a highly personalized vehicle, which is an expression of their dynamic personality. We are sure the zealous fans of the G-Class will welcome their favourite luxury off-roader in its new guise."
He further added, "We start our product offensive for 2019 today, and there cannot be a better vehicle to make an impression other than with the iconic G-Class. With the new G 350 d, we are glad to offer over 15 speciality and AMG cars for our discerning customers. The G-Class is an outstanding vehicle that combines serious off-roading capabilities combined with daily driving pleasures. The launch of this vehicle further cements our ‘Top of pyramid' product strategy for India. We have an exciting product offensive lined up for Q4 and we are confident of maintaining our leadership position in the luxury segment."
Thoughts On The New Mercedes-Benz G 350d India Launch
The Mercedes-Benz G 350d will be imported into the Indian market via the CBU route, making use of the recent regulation changes in homologation. The Mercedes-Benz G 350d in India rivals the likes of the Range Rover Sport and the Toyota Land Cruiser LC200.