- 7 hrs ago 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon To Be Called Moab In India
- 8 hrs ago 45 At An Auction And Everything Else — A List Of Motorcycles That Could Have Been
- 8 hrs ago Ducati Panigale V4 25 Anniversario 916 Launched In India — Priced At Rs 54.90 Lakh
- 8 hrs ago Ford Teams Up With Volkswagen For EVs By 2023 — Ford To Use VWs MEB Platform
- News Karnataka Crisis: SC to take up rebel MLAs' plea, BJP keeps close watch
- Movies Bigg Boss 3 Tamil Week 4 Eviction List: 5 Contestants To Feel The Heat This Time!
- Finance June Trade Deficit Narrows To $15.28 Billion; Exports Fall
- Sports MS Dhoni could be axed from Team India if he doesn't retire; Virat Kohli's captaincy to be reviewed: Reports
- Technology Realme X Review: New Benchmark To Beat In Sub 20K Price-Point
- Lifestyle Guru Purnima 2019: Messages And Quotes To Wish Your Guru
- Education ICAR AIEEA Result 2019 Likely To Be Released On This Date
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
The Mercedes-Benz G-Class is the latest in the list of the few vehicles that have ever received a 5-star rating from the Euro NCAP tests. A 5-star rating from the Euro NCAP gives a car and its manufacturer bragging rights as it is the highest degree of safety that a car can have.
The Mercedes-Benz G-Class was recently put through various crash tests and safety checks before being given the 5-star rating. The Mercedes-benz G-Class is a legendary car with a lot of history behind it.
It is infamous for having almost the same design outline as its first-generation model that was launched 40 years ago. Despite still having a boxy figure and old-school design traits, the G-Class has secured a 5-star rating and that, is a commendable feat.
The G 350d, G 500 and G 63 AMG variants were put through the test and all of them came out with flying colours. In the adult occupant protection test, the Mercedes-Benz G-Class scored 90 percent, while it scored 83 percent for child occupant safety.
The various safety assists which includes electronic and mechanical driving aids were also tested and the G-Class scored 72 percent in this area. Autonomous Emergency Braking is standard equipment on the Mercedes-Benz G-Class and so is speed alert/limiting system.
It also comes with front, side and knee airbags, lane assist system, seatbelt pretensioners and ABS with EBD. In India, only the top-spec G63 AMG is retailed. It is powered by a 4.0-litre twin-turbo V8 engine that churns out a maximum power figure of 577bhp at 6,000rpm and a peak torque output of 850Nm between 2,500-3,500rpm.
Thoughts On Mercedes-Benz G-Class 5-Star Euro NCAP Rating
The G-Class has always had the mafia image surrounding it. It was always loved and people still aspire to own it. Well, the desire to own one of these has only become greater now since it has been proven to be one of the safest cars in the world.