- 4 hrs ago Independence Day: Official State Car Of The President Of India Is A Mercedes-Maybach S600 Pullman
- 5 hrs ago Royal Enfield Himalayan BS6 Review: The Most Capable Off-Roader With An Affordable Price Tag!
- 5 hrs ago Tata HBX Spied Testing Once Again Ahead Of India Launch: Details & Specifications
- 5 hrs ago 2020 Maruti Suzuki S-Cross Spotted At Dealer Yard Ahead Of Launch This Month
- Sports Just because there is SOP, I won't lock myself in room: Arun Lal
- Movies Naagin 4 Fame Jasmin Bhasin Says She Wants To Try More Comedy After Working With Bharti Singh
- News No compromise on territorial integrity: India to China during 5th round of military talks
- Finance How To Pick The Right Gold Investment?
- Technology Meet Dodo Drop App, An Alternative To Chinese File-Sharing Apps
- Lifestyle Gayatri Japam 2020: Muhurta And Significance Of This Day
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
The Mercedes-Benz G-Class is the latest in the list of the few vehicles that have ever received a 5-star rating from the Euro NCAP tests. A 5-star rating from the Euro NCAP gives a car and its manufacturer bragging rights as it is the highest degree of safety that a car can have.
The Mercedes-Benz G-Class was recently put through various crash tests and safety checks before being given the 5-star rating. The Mercedes-benz G-Class is a legendary car with a lot of history behind it.
It is infamous for having almost the same design outline as its first-generation model that was launched 40 years ago. Despite still having a boxy figure and old-school design traits, the G-Class has secured a 5-star rating and that, is a commendable feat.
The G 350d, G 500 and G 63 AMG variants were put through the test and all of them came out with flying colours. In the adult occupant protection test, the Mercedes-Benz G-Class scored 90 percent, while it scored 83 percent for child occupant safety.
The various safety assists which includes electronic and mechanical driving aids were also tested and the G-Class scored 72 percent in this area. Autonomous Emergency Braking is standard equipment on the Mercedes-Benz G-Class and so is speed alert/limiting system.
It also comes with front, side and knee airbags, lane assist system, seatbelt pretensioners and ABS with EBD. In India, only the top-spec G63 AMG is retailed. It is powered by a 4.0-litre twin-turbo V8 engine that churns out a maximum power figure of 577bhp at 6,000rpm and a peak torque output of 850Nm between 2,500-3,500rpm.
Thoughts On Mercedes-Benz G-Class 5-Star Euro NCAP Rating
The G-Class has always had the mafia image surrounding it. It was always loved and people still aspire to own it. Well, the desire to own one of these has only become greater now since it has been proven to be one of the safest cars in the world.