- 14 hrs ago Bentley Book Costs More Than A Luxury House — Rs 1.80 Crore For A Book!
- 1 day ago Bajaj Auto Confirms November Launch For Husqvarna Twins — And So Our Watch Begins
- 1 day ago Bike Sales Report India For April 2019: Two-Wheeler Sales Slide By 16.3 Per Cent
- 1 day ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Spotted In India — Launching 2020
- News Vice-President Venkaiah Naidu mocks exit polls, says most have gone wrong since 1999
- Sports AC Milan 2 Frosinone 0: Piatek and Suso keep top-four hopes intact
- Movies Cannes 2019: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Shines Bright In A Metallic Yellow Gown On The Red Carpet!
- Technology Get Realme C2 in just Rs. 2000: Here are the details
- Lifestyle Huma Qureshi Ups Her Cannes 2019 Fashion Closet With A Statement Floral Jumpsuit
- Education WB Madhyamik Result 2019 Likely To Be Released on May 21
- Finance Here's How Google Is Tracking Your Online Purchases
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
The Mercedes-Benz G-Class is the latest in the list of the few vehicles that have ever received a 5-star rating from the Euro NCAP tests. A 5-star rating from the Euro NCAP gives a car and its manufacturer bragging rights as it is the highest degree of safety that a car can have.
The Mercedes-Benz G-Class was recently put through various crash tests and safety checks before being given the 5-star rating. The Mercedes-benz G-Class is a legendary car with a lot of history behind it.
It is infamous for having almost the same design outline as its first-generation model that was launched 40 years ago. Despite still having a boxy figure and old-school design traits, the G-Class has secured a 5-star rating and that, is a commendable feat.
The G 350d, G 500 and G 63 AMG variants were put through the test and all of them came out with flying colours. In the adult occupant protection test, the Mercedes-Benz G-Class scored 90 percent, while it scored 83 percent for child occupant safety.
The various safety assists which includes electronic and mechanical driving aids were also tested and the G-Class scored 72 percent in this area. Autonomous Emergency Braking is standard equipment on the Mercedes-Benz G-Class and so is speed alert/limiting system.
It also comes with front, side and knee airbags, lane assist system, seatbelt pretensioners and ABS with EBD. In India, only the top-spec G63 AMG is retailed. It is powered by a 4.0-litre twin-turbo V8 engine that churns out a maximum power figure of 577bhp at 6,000rpm and a peak torque output of 850Nm between 2,500-3,500rpm.
Thoughts On Mercedes-Benz G-Class 5-Star Euro NCAP Rating
The G-Class has always had the mafia image surrounding it. It was always loved and people still aspire to own it. Well, the desire to own one of these has only become greater now since it has been proven to be one of the safest cars in the world.