- 1 day ago Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 1 day ago Yamaha R15 V3.0 BS-VI Launched In India At Rs 1.45 Lakh With Lower Power & Torque Figures
- 3 days ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- 3 days ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- News Senior Shiv Sena leader hints at patch-up with BJP, says 'Uddhav will take decision at right time'
- Movies Dulquer Salmaan: 'I'll Be Lying If I Say I Really Struggled'
- Sports Pakistan will not play any home series on neutral venue: PCB chief Mani
- Finance Yes Bank Defers Decision On Allotment Of Shares To Citax; Braich's Bid Under Discussion
- Technology RedmiBook 13 With Intel Core i5/i7 Announced For Around Rs. 43,500
- Lifestyle This Viral Video Of Chimpanzee Carefully Washing A T-Shirt Will Leave You Surprised
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
The German auto manufacturer Mercedes-Benz is all set to launch the new G 350d SUV in India. The rugged SUV from Mercedes is slated to launch on October 16, 2019. The G 350d will be an entry-level model to the company's existing 'G-Class' line-up in India.
The Mercedes-Benz existing ‘G-Class' line-up is represented by the AMG G 63 in India. However, with the launch of the G 350d, buyers will get an option to choose a less expensive and less powerful model as compared to the AMG G 63.
The Mercedes-Benz G 350d SUV is 2,056mm wide, 1,954mm tall and 4,764mm long with a wheelbase of 2,850mm. The G 350d features a boxy design that the ‘G-Class' is based on and does look rugged with its metal-hinge exposed doors, side-steps, spare tyre mounted on the tailgate and massive wheel-arches. It also features an 18-inch alloy wheels as compared to the AMG G 63's 21-inch wheels.
On the inside, the G 350d will feature subtle interiors as compared to the AMG G 63. The dashboard feature Merc's ‘widescreen cockpit' design with a pair of 12.3-inch screen for instrument cluster and infotainment system. The center console features a touch pad to control the infotainment system with ease. The steering wheel features mounted control and a touchpad to navigate through instrument cluster.
The G 350d's interiors also features leather seats and leather trims across the cabin. The SUV will offer a comfortable ride with luxurious and premium interiors. The pleasant interior experience is further enhanced by an inclusion of an electric sunroof as well.
The G 350d features a 3.0-litre, in-line, six-cylinder engine producing 282bhp of power and 600Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a nine-speed automatic transmission with four-wheel-drive transfer case. The rugged SUV also features three differential locks, for off-road capability on rough terrains.
Mercedes will import the G 350d into India and will be subject to the duties levied on the SUV. We expect the G 350d to be priced around Rs 1 crore (ex-showroom) India. While the G 350d will not be cheap by any measure, but the SUV would undercut the AMG G63, which starts at Rs 2.19 crore, ex-showroom. Mercedes G 350d when launched in India, will not have any direct rivals in performance rugged SUV segment.
Thoughts About The Mercedes G 350d India Launch
The Mercedes ‘G-Class' line-up has been in production for 40 years. With the German's precision engineering and performance there is hardly a spot on earth the G-Class can't reach. With its bold and rugged looks the SUV is sure to stand apart on the Indian roads. The SUV when launched is expected to feature BS-VI compliant engine as well.