- 6 hrs ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 6 hrs ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 24 hrs ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- News 1,256 cases of illegal trading, poaching of wildlife recorded from 2017 to 2019: Centre
- Technology Oppo Reno 4 Pro Special Edition India Launch Set On September 24: Report
- Sports IPL 2020: Kings XI Punjab ropes in a range of sponsors
- Movies Kangana Ranaut Called Uneducated By Meena Kumari’s Step-son; 'She Inflicted Trauma On Our Family'
- Lifestyle India Couture Week 2020: Our Favourite 5 Bridal Wear Picks From Suneet Varma’s Stellar Collection
- Finance Public Sector Banks That Offer Best Interest Rate On Savings Account
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
German auto manufacturer, Mercedes-Benz, has managed to sell the G 350 d units allocated to India, within three weeks of its launch. The rugged off-roader from the brand was launched on October 16, 2019.
The G 350d rugged SUV is the latest edition to the company's existing ‘G-Class' line-up. The SUV carries a price tag of Rs 1.5 Crore, ex-showroom (India). The new off-roader has joined the company's ‘G-Class' line-up and is now the new entry-level spec in India.
Mercedes, also sells the range-topping and performance oriented AMG G 63 with a price tag of Rs 2.19 Crore, ex-showroom (India). However, the company is now offering a subtle version from the ‘G-Class' line-up, targeting a wider audience.
The G 350 d is powered by a BS-VI compliant 3.0-litre inline six-cylinder diesel engine. The engine produces 282bhp and 600Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a standard 9G-Tronic automatic transmission, with power sent to all four wheels. The 3.0-litre engine can propel the G 350d to a top speed of 199km/h, and can accelerate from 0 to 100km/h in 7.4 seconds.
The rugged SUV also features three differential locks, for the axle at both ends, and central pod as well. This will help the SUV to tackle the off-road terrains and manage to get out of sticky situations. Other capabilities include, a ground clearance of 241mm, and a 700mm water wading capability. The G 350 d features a better approach, departure and ramps breakover angles, as compared to its elder sibling AMG G 63.
The G 350 d features the company's signature ‘G-Class' design with rugged looks and its metal-hinge exposed doors, side-steps, spare tyre mounted on the tailgate and massive wheel-arches. It also features, a large grille, circular headlamps, and 20-inch alloy wheels, all adding to the rugged looks. The SUV's dimension reads: 2056mm wide, 1954mm tall and 4764mm long with a wheelbase of 2850mm.
On the inside, the G 350 d's dashboard is flanked with two 12.3-inch screen for instrument cluster and infotainment system, known as the ‘wide-screen cockpit' design from the company. The center console features a touch pad to operate the infotainment system with ease. The flat-bottom steering wheel features mounted control and a touchpad to navigate through instrument cluster as well.
The G 350 d has been equipped with standard safety equipment to keep the occupants safe. This includes eight airbags, ABS with EBD, brake assist, traction control, ESC, hill-start assist and more.
Thoughts About The Mercedes-Benz G 350 d Sold Out In India
Mercedes has managed to sell out the entire lot allocated to the Indian market. We are seeing that many luxury brands have managed to sell out their stock amidst the auto slowdown. This indicated that some markets and segments are unaffected, and also the buyer's trust in the brand. But, the major reason could be because of the engine is already made BS-VI complaint.