- 28 min ago Royal Enfiled Meteor 350 Expected India Launch By June: Will Rival The Jawa 350
- 1 hr ago Kia Sonet: Expected Launch Date in India, Price, Specs, Features & Competitors Explained
- 4 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Introduces Finance Scheme Offers For New Car Buyers: Repayments With Flexible EMIs
- 20 hrs ago Datsun Redi-GO Facelift Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of Its Launch
- Travel Karnataka To Open Religious Places From June 1
- Lifestyle Melasma Chloasma: What Are The 6 Factors That Cause It? Symptoms, Treatments And Prevention
- Sports I have a lot of options: Shikhar Dhawan reveals which profession he'll pick after retirement from cricket
- Technology Qubo Smart Home Security Camera With COVID Guard Feature Launched For Rs. 4,290
- Finance Self-Electricity Meter Reading And Bill Generation Is Being Rewarded: Know Details
- News Cong to launch 'SpeakUp' campaign to raise voice of poor, migrants, small businesses
- Movies How Amar Akbar Anthony Is A Bigger Hit Than Baahubali 2: Amitabh Bachchan Explains In Throwback Post
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Mercedes-Benz India has confirmed that they are planning on introducing the EQC electric SUV in the market. The Mercedes-Benz EQC all-electric SUV is being considered for an Indian launch, sometime in end-2019.
The Mercedes-Benz EQC electric SUV was unveiled in September last year, two years after the concept was showcased at the Paris Motor Show. The all-electric EQC SUV is based on the same platform as the current GLC SUV on sale in the market — find out more about the Mercedes-Benz EQC electric SUV here.
Martin Schwenk, MD, Mercedes-Benz India told ET Auto that the plan to introduce the EQC electric SUV is under consideration for a possible launch in late-2019. However, he was non-committal regarding the exact timeline for the launch.
He stated that the first priority for the brand is the upcoming BS-VI regulations. This will be followed by electric and hybrid vehicles in parallel, which will either be imported directly or localised.
He further added, "We have hybrids of all sorts coming in already. In principle, the portfolio on a global platform is there, it's ready for rollout and it's actually for us to make a local decision, to say when we see it fit (to launch the vehicles)."
Mercedes-Benz has set a target of having electric vehicles contribute to a minimum of 25 per cent of global sales volume by 2025. The Mercedes-Benz EQC will be the first of many models from the brand. It will be introduced in international markets in mid-2019 and will be imported into India as a Completely Built Unit (CBU).
The all-electric Mercedes-Benz EQC SUV comes powered by two-electric motors on each axle. The electric motors draw power from an 80kWh battery-pack. This produces a combined power output of 402bhp and 765Nm of torque, allowing it to sprint from 0 - 100km/h in just 5.1 seconds. The top speed is claimed to be 180km/h and has a maximum range of 450km on a single charge.
Thoughts On The Mercedes-Benz EQC Electric SUV India Launch
Mercedes-Benz has completed 25 years in the Indian market and has managed to retain the top slot in the luxury car segment for four years in a row. The German brand has already localised nine out of the fifteen cars sold in India and will soon introduce hybrids as well. In the international market, the Mercedes-Benz EQC rivals the likes of the Jaguar I-Pace and the Tesla Model X 75D.