- 2 hrs ago BMW X7 India-Launch Date Confirmed — The First-Ever 7-Seater Beemer Will Soon Be Available In India
- 2 hrs ago Government Gives Manufacturers Just 14 Days To Come Up With Roadmap For EV Development
- 3 hrs ago New Kia Seltos Video Released With Tiger Shroff As Brand Ambassador — Watch The Video Here!
- 5 hrs ago Tata Motors Updates Nexon With New Interior Features
- Lifestyle Sonakshi Sinha Inspires Us To Up Our Cocktail-wear Fashion With This Glam Retro Outfit
- Movies Nagarjuna's Past Comments About Bigg Boss Telugu Haunt Him Big Time; Deets Inside!
- News UP: Father booked for allegedly raping teenage daughter
- Sports Boxing: India's junior women pugilists win 7 medals including 5 golds at 5th Black Forest Cup in Germany
- Finance IT Dept Issued Refunds Worth Rs 64,700 Cr From April To 18 June 2019
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M30s Color Options Leaked; India Launch Imminent
- Education Looking For Career In Management? Explore Why BBA MBA Integrated Course Is Best After Class 12
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Mercedes-Benz India has confirmed that they are planning on introducing the EQC electric SUV in the market. The Mercedes-Benz EQC all-electric SUV is being considered for an Indian launch, sometime in end-2019.
The Mercedes-Benz EQC electric SUV was unveiled in September last year, two years after the concept was showcased at the Paris Motor Show. The all-electric EQC SUV is based on the same platform as the current GLC SUV on sale in the market — find out more about the Mercedes-Benz EQC electric SUV here.
Martin Schwenk, MD, Mercedes-Benz India told ET Auto that the plan to introduce the EQC electric SUV is under consideration for a possible launch in late-2019. However, he was non-committal regarding the exact timeline for the launch.
He stated that the first priority for the brand is the upcoming BS-VI regulations. This will be followed by electric and hybrid vehicles in parallel, which will either be imported directly or localised.
He further added, "We have hybrids of all sorts coming in already. In principle, the portfolio on a global platform is there, it's ready for rollout and it's actually for us to make a local decision, to say when we see it fit (to launch the vehicles)."
Mercedes-Benz has set a target of having electric vehicles contribute to a minimum of 25 per cent of global sales volume by 2025. The Mercedes-Benz EQC will be the first of many models from the brand. It will be introduced in international markets in mid-2019 and will be imported into India as a Completely Built Unit (CBU).
The all-electric Mercedes-Benz EQC SUV comes powered by two-electric motors on each axle. The electric motors draw power from an 80kWh battery-pack. This produces a combined power output of 402bhp and 765Nm of torque, allowing it to sprint from 0 - 100km/h in just 5.1 seconds. The top speed is claimed to be 180km/h and has a maximum range of 450km on a single charge.
Thoughts On The Mercedes-Benz EQC Electric SUV India Launch
Mercedes-Benz has completed 25 years in the Indian market and has managed to retain the top slot in the luxury car segment for four years in a row. The German brand has already localised nine out of the fifteen cars sold in India and will soon introduce hybrids as well. In the international market, the Mercedes-Benz EQC rivals the likes of the Jaguar I-Pace and the Tesla Model X 75D.