TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Mehul Choksi Moves New Application In PMLA Court, Mentions Long History Of Ailments
- IPL 2019: CSK vs RCB — Preview, Predicted XI, Where To Watch
- IPL 2019 — How To Watch Cricket Extravaganza Live In Action On Your Smartphone?
- Kawasaki Announces Price Hike On Certain Models — Revised Prices From April 2019
- First Poster Of Ajay Devgn's 'De De Pyaar De' Out!
- Should You Invest In New Retirement Mutual Funds Without 80C Tax Benefit?
- Zodiac Signs That Are Sweet Talkers
- Witnessing The Beauty Of Williamnagar, Meghalaya
German luxury carmaker Mercedes has revealed the limited edition AMG GT R Roadster at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show. The Mercedes AMG GT R Roadster is the drop-top version of the sports car dubbed the 'Beast of the Green Hell' by the German luxury carmaker. Production numbers of the Mercedes AMG GT R Roadster will be limited to just 750 units.
The Mercedes-AMG GT R Roadster is powered by the same 4.0-litre twin-turbo V8 which is used by the German carmaker's performance arm across the GT range. In the AMG GT R Roadster, the twin-turbocharged cranks out 577bhp at 6,250rpm and 700Nm of torque between 2,100-5,500rpm. The engine is paired with a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox that sends power to the rear wheels.
The new Mercedes-AMG GT R Roadster is the fastest convertible in the GT lineup and will sprint from 0–100km/h in just 3.6 seconds. The Mercedes-AMG GT R has a top speed of 317km/h. To bring the AMG GT R Roadster to a stop, Mercedes has fitted the drop-top sports car with internally ventilated and perforated brake disc brakes that measure in at 390mm up front and 360mm at the rear. An optional carbon-ceramic brake package will also be offered to owners.
The GT R Roadster like its coupe sibling also features a wider track and sits on larger 20-inch wheels when compared to the other models in the Mercedes-AMG GT lineup. The AMG GT R Roadster from Mercedes sports 19-inch alloy wheels up front that are fitted with 275/35 R 19 tyres. The rear wheels of the GT R Roadster measure in at 20-inches and sport 325/30 R 20 tyres. The tyres used by the Mercedes AMG GT R Roadster are Pilot Sport Cup 2 units from Michelin.
The Mercedes AMG GT R gets a host of aerodynamic upgrades in the form of a new front splitter with cooling louvres, lowered side skirts and a larger rear diffuser along with a larger rear wing which plays host to the third brake light. The front splitter along with rear diffuser, side skirts and mirror caps are also offered in carbon fibre if owners opt for the carbon-fibre package.