- 8 hrs ago Jawa Owners F’rust’rated With Quality Of Motorcycles: Is This The Beginning Of The End?
- 10 hrs ago KTM Put Rumors To Rest By Shipping Duke 790s To Dealerships Across The Country
- 12 hrs ago Will BS-IV Vehicles Purchased Till March 2020 Remain Operational: Here's The Government's Decision
- 14 hrs ago Jawa Owners Cancel Bookings: Delivery Estimator Shows Increased Waiting Period & Other Problems
- News Article 370: Govt reaches out to Mehbooba, Abdullah to create some political dialogue
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M30s Spotted Online With Dual-Channel Wi-Fi Support
- Finance 7 Best HDFC Mutual Fund Schemes You Must Buy
- Movies Porinju Mariam Jose Box Office Collections Day 1: Makes A Solid And Promising Opening!
- Sports West Indies vs India, 1st Test, Day 2 Highlights: Ishant takes five to put India in command
- Lifestyle Krishna Janmashtami 2019: Dress Up Like A Diva In These Yellow-Hued Ethnic Outfits
- Education ICMAI Result 2019: Direct Links And Steps To Check CMA Results 2019
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
AMG, the performance arm of German luxury carmaker Mercedes-Benz has revealed the all-new CLA 35 ahead of the sports sedan's debut at the 2019 New York Auto Show this month. The new Mercedes-AMG CLA 35 will be the flagship model of the CLA lineup until the more potent 45 badged AMG model arrives.
The all-new Mercedes-AMG CLA 35 like the other models in AMG's new 35 series lineup is powered by a 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine that kicks out 302bhp at 5,800rpm and 400Nm of peak torque between 3,000 - 4,000rpm. The engine is paired to a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox that sends power to all four wheels via the German carmaker's 4Matic all-wheel-drive system. Mercedes claims that the CLA 35 AMG will sprint from 0-100km in just 4.9 seconds and that it will continue to accelerate till it hits the electronic speed limiter at 250km/h.
In terms of the exterior design, the new Mercedes-AMG CLA 35 compared to regular CLA models features a new radiator grille with the classic twin louvres that play host to the Mercedes badge. Also, new up front are the new 'powerdomes' on the bonnet and the AMG-line front apron along with chrome inserts on the air intakes.
The new Mercedes-AMG CLA 35 sits on 18-inch alloy wheels though owners can also opt for 19-inch units. The new four-door performance coupe also gets large side skirts. At the rear, there are quite a few changes in the form of a more aggressive diffuser, a performance exhaust system and a new boot lip spoiler.
Inside the new Mercedes-AMG CLA 35 gets more kit compared to its non-AMG siblings. These changes include the twin-display setup for the instrument panel and the infotainment setup, the latter of which now features the new MBUX system from Mercedes. The system features an assistant that can be activated by simply saying 'Hey Mercedes' in its vicinity. Other changes include a sporty flat-bottomed steering wheel, new sports seats that are upholstered in leather and microfibre cloth and seatbelts done up in red. There are also two-tone interior theme options and an ambient LED lighting system with 64 hues to choose from.