- 2 hrs ago Chandrayaan-2 Is Launched Successfully While Polaris Pays Tribute To The Original Lunar Rover
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Mobis Develops First Camera Monitor System — Side-View Mirror Replacement
- 5 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Receives More Than 45,000 Bookings In A Month — Giving Tough Competition To Its Rivals
- 6 hrs ago Hyundai Kona EV Gets 120 Bookings & Over 10,000 Test-Drive Requests In Just 10 Days
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M30, Galaxy M20, Galaxy M10 Available At Rs. 1,000 Discount On Amazon
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Match 5: Captain Deepak shines as all-round Jaipur Pink Panthers hammer U Mumba by 42-23
- News Indian at heart, Indian in spirit: PM Modi celebrates Chandrayaan 2 launch
- Movies Diljit Dosanjh On Making Sure That Sardars Are Not Made Fun Of In His Films; Read Up!
- Lifestyle Up In The Air! Chandrayaan 2, Things To Know About India's Second Trip To The Moon
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
German luxury carmaker Mercedes has launched the AMG C43 Coupe in India. The Mercedes-AMG C43 Coupe is priced at Rs 75 lakh ex-showroom (India) and is the first AMG 43 series coupe model introduced by Mercedes in India.
The Mercedes-AMG C43 Coupe is powered by a 3.0-litre twin-turbocharged V6 engine that produces 385bhp @ 6,100rpm and 520Nm of torque between 2,500-5,000rpm. The new turbo-petrol powerplant for the C43 Coupe produces 23bhp than the engine on its predecessor and the torque output too has increased.
The engine sends power to all four wheels via a 9-speed automatic gearbox and all-wheel drive. The all-wheel-drive system sends 31 per cent of the power to the front and 69 per cent to the rear. The extra oomph from the engine means that the new Mercedes-AMG C43 sprints from nought to 100km/h in just 4.7 seconds, however, the top speed continues to be electronically limited to 250km/h.
In terms of design, the new C43 Coupe is just a facelifted version of the car previously sold here and sports a front end that looks nearly identical to its sedan sibling. Up front, the grille is dominated by the large Mercedes badge, with twin iridium silver louvres encircling it and connecting the three-pointed star to the edge of the grille. Owners can opt for the AMG styling package which adds a front splitter, broader side skirts and larger rear diffuser unit. The rear end with the tapering roofline is quite elegant to look at as well. The Mercedes-AMG C43 Coupe sits on 18-inch AMG 5-spoke light-alloy wheels.
Inside, the Mercedes-AMG C43 Coupe comes packed with a host of features including the three-spoke flat-bottom steering wheel which is wrapped in leather and features touch controls for the infotainment display and the display placed behind it. The AMG Sport seats are done up in either Artico handmade leather or Dinamica microfibre with dual contrast stitching. The new AMG C-Class coupe also gets a large 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment display.
Speaking at the launch of the new AMG C43 Coupe, Mercedes Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India, Martin Schwenk commented, "We have been very successful with our AMG product strategy in India, which comprises a wide array of performance cars under the 43, 45, 63 and the GT range. The response to the AMG 43 range has been amazing since its debut with the AMG GLE 43, and today we give further fillip to the line-up with the AMG C 43 Coupe. Encouraging customer demand in this segment substantiates our efforts to offer newer products in the market."
"The latest offering in this range, the Mercedes-AMG C 43 4MATIC Coupé, features a suave 2 door coupe design, athletic character and thrilling performance that promises an adrenaline rush every time one gets behind the wheel. We are glad to introduce this model, especially for the young driving enthusiasts in India as it further cements the Mercedes-AMG brand promise of Driving Performance."
Mercedes is offering the new C43 Coupe from AMG with the Star Ease Compact maintenance package for 2 years/unlimited kilometres for an additional Rs 68,000.