- News Assam Police recruitment: 2000 Assam police jobs announced, direct link to apply here
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Virat Kohli confirms Bhuvneshwar ruled out of next 2-3 games due to hamstring niggle
- Lifestyle Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- Technology How To Delete Keyboard History On Your Android Smartphone
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
British supercar marque McLaren has revealed the 600LT Spider MSO drop-top supercar ahead of its global debut at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show in March. McLaren Special Operations (MSO), the British marque in-house customizers have given the new 600LT Spider a visual upgrade but have not tweaked the mechanical parts of the convertible supercar.
The new McLaren 600LT Spider MSO sports a brand new paint job in a shade McLaren calls MSO Bespoke Dove Grey. The drop-top supercar also features highlights in Napier Green, which was one of the original colours of the McLaren 675 LT, the first supercar to bear the Longtail name in the current McLaren era that started with the MP4-12C.
The Napier Green elements on the 600 Longtail Spider include sections of the splitter, sills, door inserts and diffuser. The highlights were applied using a new technique that sees the paint applied onto a light and flexible film which ensures a premium quality bespoke colour match. The film has previously been used on McLaren 720S GT3 and 570S GT4 race cars. The Napier Green paint job can also be found on the brake callipers and on the 12'o clock mark on the steering wheel of the 600LT Spider MSO.
The MSO'd McLaren 600LT Spider features the full suite of carbon fibre options. These include Carbon Fibre Front Fender Louvres, along with the 'gills' that are among the most popular options for the 600LT. MSO paid homage to the 675LT by giving all the visual Carbon Fibre exterior elements a satin finish. The retractable hardtop roof sports a black carbon finish while the 10-spoke lightweight forged alloy wheels sport a gloss black finish. Inside, there is carbon fibre on the dashboard and the doors along with quite a bit of Alcantara trim pieces. The seats on the 600LT Spider MSO are the optional units lifted directly from the Senna hypercar.
Mechanically, the McLaren 600LT Spider MSO remains unchanged compared to the regular car. MSO has not tweaked the 2.8-litre twin-turbocharged engine of the drop-top supercar which continues to produce 592bhp and 620Nm of torque. The power is sent to the rear wheels via a 7-speed dual-clutch gearbox. The McLaren 600LT Spider MSO will sprint from 0-100km/h in just 2.9 seconds and will continue to accelerate till it tops out at 324km/h.