- 1 hr ago KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- 1 day ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- 2 days ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 2 days ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launch Highlights: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- Movies Ayushmann Khurrana Is Excited About His Upcoming Movie Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan
- Sports Hyderabad pitch unpredictable, can't predict if it will favour or go against Team India: Vijay Shankar
- News In a rare move 32 railways officers given premature retirement
- Lifestyle Kareena Kapoor Khan's Diet Revealed By Her Nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar
- Technology Apple Updates "Clips" App With Memoji, Animoji, And More
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
- Education Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: How To Participate In PPC 2020 Contest?
- Finance Axis Bank CFO Resigns
Maruti Suzuki is all set to finally introduce the petrol version of their Vitara Brezza SUV in the Indian market. According to GaadiWaadi, production of the Maruti Vitara Brezza petrol model has already begun, indicating a launch anytime soon.
We had previously reported that the Maruti Vitara Brezza petrol model was expected to go on sale by December 2019. The petrol version of the Vitara Brezza has been in the pipeline for quite a while now.
The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza was first introduced in the Indian market back in 2016. The compact-SUV since then has become one of the best-selling SUVs in the country.
However, over the past couple of months, sales have reduced owing to the introduction of newer SUVs in the market, such as the Hyundai Venue and the Kia Seltos.
The Vitara Brezza compact-SUV is currently available with a single diesel engine option. This includes the standard 1.3-litre DDiS200 unit producing 89bhp and 200Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to either a five-speed manual or the optional five-speed AMT automatic transmission.
However, this engine is reaching the end of its lifecycle, as Maruti Suzuki will be discontinuing it once the new emission norms are implemented. Maruti Suzuki will also be introducing a facelift version of the Vitara Brezza compact-SUV in the Indian market.
The new Maruti Vitara Brezza will come with a number of updates, including a refreshed design, improved powertrain and added features as well. The new Vitara Brezza SUV has already been spotted testing in India on multiple occasions.
As part of the update to the Vitara Brezza, Maruti Suzuki will also be introducing a petrol engine on the compact-SUV for the first time. This engine will come in the form of the 1.5-litre K15-B series petrol unit, already powering the Ciaz and Ertiga models.
The 1.5-litre petrol engine is BS-VI compliant and produces 104bhp and 138Nm of torque. The engine will be mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox or the optional four-speed torque-converter transmission.
Maruti Suzuki has also hinted the return of diesel engines recently after an S-Cross was spotted testing with 1.6-litre badging. This indicates that the brand could introduce a 1.6-litre diesel engine on most of their higher models in the lineup; this includes the next-generation Vitara Brezza — here are the details.
Thoughts On The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Petrol
The petrol version of the Maruti Vitara Brezza has been one of the most-awaited versions from the brand. Maruti Suzuki finally seems to be introducing the petrol-powered SUV in the Indian market. The company will hope to get back on top of the best-selling SUV list, with the introduction of the next-generation Vitara Brezza.