- 19 min ago DSK Owned Benelli & Hyosung Motorcycles Up For Grabs – Will Be Available Through Online Auction Only
- 37 min ago Top-Selling Scooters In India For June 2019 — Honda Activa Continues To Remain Unbeatable
- 40 min ago Rs 9 Lakh For A Scooter? Honda Forza 300 Premium Maxi-Scooter To Be Launched In India
- 3 hrs ago Hyundai Organizes Mega Experience Service Camp In India — Existing Customers Get Educated
- Lifestyle Maneka Gandhi Reveals Her Cotton Sari Was Woven By Pandit Nehru In Jail
- Movies Pailwaan Revised Release Date Afloat On Internet; Here's When The Sudeep Starrer Will Grace Theatres
- Sports England cricketers to sport names, numbers on Test jerseys: This is how Twitterati react to change in tradition
- Technology Apple Might Acquire Intel's 5G Modem Business As Early As Next Week
- News Centre has rejects proposal to grant statehood to Puducherry
- Finance 4 Best Small Cap Mutual Funds To Buy
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
Maruti Suzuki is the country's largest automotive manufacturer, by a huge margin. Now, new developments suggest that the margin is only going to become wider. Maruti Suzuki will be getting a new factory in Gujarat that will enable the auto manufacturer to produce a combined figure of 30 lakh cars every year.
What this means is that the buyers of the new Maruti Suzuki Swift would not have to go through long waiting periods anymore. The Maruti Suzuki Swift was launched in the Indian market during the 2018 Indian Auto Expo and it saw immediate success.
Immediate success meant that that waiting periods shot up. Even though it has been almost a year since its launch, waiting periods in most parts of the country are still between 4-8 weeks.
Even after producing and shipping out more than 15,000 units of the swift to dealerships across India, this remains the case. This problem would be solved with the addition of the new factory in Gujarat. Maruti Suzuki currently produces its cars at three factories - Gurgaon, Manesar and Hansalpur.
The second factory in Gujarat will be built close to the existing one at Hansalpur. This comes as a result of Suzuki Motor Corporation's decision to increase investment in Gujarat. The government of Gujarat is extremely supportive of industries and Hansalpur is just a few hours' drive from major ports in the state.
This allows for easy export of cars as well, which is precisely what Suzuki Motor Corporation has been doing. Suzuki sells Indian-manufactured cars in several countries, and the strategic location of their Hansalpur factory has been helping.
Within just two years of commencement of operations, Maruti Suzuki's Hansalpur plant became the largest car manufacturing plant in Gujarat in terms of numbers. The Hansalpur facility currently manufactures the Maruti Suzuki Swift and Vitara Brezza.
Recently, production of the Vitara Brezza was stepped up because of increased demand. The new factory in question will have three assembly lines and a separate engine production facility. This development takes Suzuki Motor Corporation's investment in India to a total of Rs 30,000 crores.
Thoughts On New Maruti Suzuki Factory In Gujarat
Maruti Suzuki has for a long time held the position of the largest car manufacturer in the country. Well, with more investment and the new factory giving it increased production capacity, its position at the top-spot is only set to become stronger.