- 1 day ago Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 1 day ago Yamaha R15 V3.0 BS-VI Launched In India At Rs 1.45 Lakh With Lower Power & Torque Figures
- 3 days ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- 3 days ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Movies Dulquer Salmaan: 'I'll Be Lying If I Say I Really Struggled'
- Sports Pakistan will not play any home series on neutral venue: PCB chief Mani
- News Govt issues 8-point 'myth-buster' on controversial Citizenship Amendment Bill
- Finance Yes Bank Defers Decision On Allotment Of Shares To Citax; Braich's Bid Under Discussion
- Technology RedmiBook 13 With Intel Core i5/i7 Announced For Around Rs. 43,500
- Lifestyle This Viral Video Of Chimpanzee Carefully Washing A T-Shirt Will Leave You Surprised
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
The issue pertains to only those variants with the smaller 1.0-litre petrol engine. Among these as well, only those models manufactured between 15th of November 2018 and 12th of August 2019 are part of the recall in the country.
Maruti Suzuki released a statement stating that a total of 40,618 WagonR (1-litre) hatchbacks have been recalled in India. The company will be undertaking a voluntary recall campaign to check a possible issue with the fuel hose mechanism.
The statement also mentioned that starting from the 24th of August 2019, all customers of the affected vehicles will be contacted by the company dealers. The company has also specified that the replacement of parts will be done free of cost to the customers.
Maruti WagonR customers can also visit the company's website and fill in their chassis number to check if their car requires attention.
Maruti Suzuki launched the all-new WagonR in the Indian market in early 2019. The WagonR has been a popular hatchback offering in the Indian market, mainly due to its tall boy design.
The latest-generation Maruti WagonR hatchback is powered by two petrol engine options: 1.0-litre and 1.2-litre units. The 1.0-litre petrol engine is the same unit from the previous generation models, while the 1.2-litre has been borrowed from other models in the brand's lineup.
The 1.0-litre petrol engine comes in the form of a 998cc three-cylinder unit producing 67bhp and 90Nm of torque. The 1.2-litre engine comes in the form of a 1197cc four-cylinder petrol unit churning out 81bhp and 113Nm of torque. Both engines are mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox, with the optional AMT also on offer.
The Maruti Suzuki WagonR topped the list of best-selling cars in the month of July 2019. It overtook its siblings, the Maruti Alto, Swift and Dzire to become the top-selling car in the country in the previous month.
Maruti Suzuki recently launched their premium MPV offering in the Indian market, the XL6 — here are the details.
Thoughts On The Maruti Suzuki WagonR India Recall
The Maruti Suzuki WagonR is currently the best-selling car in the Indian market, according to the sales figures of July 2019. The Maruti WagonR is a popular hatchback, which has been in the market for over 10 years now. The WagonR will rival the likes of the Hyundai Santro and the Renault Kwid in the Indian market.