- 8 hrs ago Skoda Karoq And Kamiq SUV India Launch Timeline Confirmed
- 8 hrs ago Deliveries Of The Ducati Panigale V4 R Begin In India
- 10 hrs ago Mahindra Bolero Pick-Up Range Crosses 15 Lakh Production Units Milestone
- 11 hrs ago Suzuki Jimny India Launch Confirmed For Late-2019: Might Be Rebadged As Gypsy For Indian Market
- Technology Most Trending Samsung Smartphones – Galaxy Note10, Galaxy A50, Galaxy A90 And More
- News IRCTC offers 5-day tour to Kanyakumari, Rameswaram and Madurai; details here
- Sports Vinay Kumar bids adieu to Karnataka; joins Puducherry
- Movies RIP Khayyam: Lata Mangeshkar, Javed Akhtar, PM Modi Tweet Condolence Messages
- Lifestyle What Are Happy Hormones And 7 Natural Ways To Boost Them
- Education Karnataka PGCET 2019 Result On August 22; Check Counselling Schedule
- Finance FASTags Mandatory For Toll Payment On Highways Starting December 1
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
The next-generation Maruti Suzuki Vitara seven-seater SUV might make its debut at the 2020 Indian Auto Expo. The launch of the premium SUV has been a much-awaited one in the Indian market.
Reports have now emerged stating that the SUV will be unveiled at the 2020 Indian Auto Expo and will go on sale in the same year as well. The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza currently on sale is the best-selling compact SUV in the Indian market.
However, Maruti Suzuki is very well aware that the Indian market requires the next-generation to step in, if sales have to keep going strong. The SUV market in India is all set to grow like never before, and it is for the same reason that lots of manufacturers are launching new SUVs in India within the next couple of years.
Kia is entering the Indian market with the SP2i, MG Motor is coming in with the Hector and Citroen is coming in with the C5 Aircross. All of them are new to the Indian market, and all are entering the SUV segment.
Adding to this is competition from already existing players in the indian market like the Jeep Compass, Renault Duster and the Hyundai Creta. The Hyundai Creta is The Vitara Brezza's arch-rival and Hyundai will also be bringing in the next-gen Creta by 2020, and the upcoming Hyundai will be bigger, with two more seats.
Hence, it is obvious that Maruti Suzuki will have to up the ante if it wanted to remain the king of the hill. Hence, Maruti Suzuki will be launching the Vitara in India with seating for seven and a host of premium features. The Suzuki Vitara sold globally got a refresh in July 2019 and the car came with the multiple changes including new instrument console, new safety features and new engines as well.
Suzuki plonked in a brand-new 1.0-litre Boosterjet turbo-petrol engine that pushed out 109.4bhp and 170Nm. It is expected that the Vitara when launched in India will come with this new engine. Since it is the Indian market in question, it would be incomplete without a diesel engine. We can expect ABS with EBD, ESP and airbags as standard, in terms of safety. We can also expect premium interiors with touchscreen infotainment as standard.
Thoughts On Next-Gen Maruti Suzuki Vitara To Be Launched in 2020
Though sales might have seen a small drop in the last few months, the Indian automotive market is definitely growing in terms of the number of products on sale. The next-gen Maruti Suzuki Vitara too is one of the vehicles set to be added. With most new manufacturers coming up with an SUV, it seems like Indian roads would soon be filled with SUVs.
The launch of the Vitara in the Indian market has been awaited for a long time now. With all the manufacturers developing SUVs for the Indian market, now is the right time for Maruti Suzuki to launch the Vitara. The Indian auto giant will obviously play to its strengths and price the Vitara at a lower point than its rivals.