- 16 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 18 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 19 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 20 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Technology How to fix USB device format error in Windows
- Movies CATFIGHT DIARY! When Anushka Sharma SLAMMED Deepika Padukone & Said 'Stop Throwing Garbage At Me'
- News Meet AIMIM's Imtiaz Jaleel, first MP elected to Parliament from Maharashtra in 15 years
- Sports Bayern Munich 3 RB Leipzig 0: Lewandowski's brace helps secure domestic double
- Lifestyle Diana Penty’s Sparkling Pink Gown Is Perfect For A Formal Dinner Evening
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
The next-generation Maruti Suzuki Vitara seven-seater SUV might make its debut at the 2020 Indian Auto Expo. The launch of the premium SUV has been a much-awaited one in the Indian market.
Reports have now emerged stating that the SUV will be unveiled at the 2020 Indian Auto Expo and will go on sale in the same year as well. The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza currently on sale is the best-selling compact SUV in the Indian market.
However, Maruti Suzuki is very well aware that the Indian market requires the next-generation to step in, if sales have to keep going strong. The SUV market in India is all set to grow like never before, and it is for the same reason that lots of manufacturers are launching new SUVs in India within the next couple of years.
Kia is entering the Indian market with the SP2i, MG Motor is coming in with the Hector and Citroen is coming in with the C5 Aircross. All of them are new to the Indian market, and all are entering the SUV segment.
Adding to this is competition from already existing players in the indian market like the Jeep Compass, Renault Duster and the Hyundai Creta. The Hyundai Creta is The Vitara Brezza's arch-rival and Hyundai will also be bringing in the next-gen Creta by 2020, and the upcoming Hyundai will be bigger, with two more seats.
Hence, it is obvious that Maruti Suzuki will have to up the ante if it wanted to remain the king of the hill. Hence, Maruti Suzuki will be launching the Vitara in India with seating for seven and a host of premium features. The Suzuki Vitara sold globally got a refresh in July 2019 and the car came with the multiple changes including new instrument console, new safety features and new engines as well.
Suzuki plonked in a brand-new 1.0-litre Boosterjet turbo-petrol engine that pushed out 109.4bhp and 170Nm. It is expected that the Vitara when launched in India will come with this new engine. Since it is the Indian market in question, it would be incomplete without a diesel engine. We can expect ABS with EBD, ESP and airbags as standard, in terms of safety. We can also expect premium interiors with touchscreen infotainment as standard.
Thoughts On Next-Gen Maruti Suzuki Vitara To Be Launched in 2020
Though sales might have seen a small drop in the last few months, the Indian automotive market is definitely growing in terms of the number of products on sale. The next-gen Maruti Suzuki Vitara too is one of the vehicles set to be added. With most new manufacturers coming up with an SUV, it seems like Indian roads would soon be filled with SUVs.
The launch of the Vitara in the Indian market has been awaited for a long time now. With all the manufacturers developing SUVs for the Indian market, now is the right time for Maruti Suzuki to launch the Vitara. The Indian auto giant will obviously play to its strengths and price the Vitara at a lower point than its rivals.