- 17 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 18 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 19 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 20 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- News Valued at Rs 6,60,19,46,757 Kamal Nath’s son Nakul is richest MP
- Sports Gutsy Valencia shock Barcelona to win Copa del Rey
- Technology How to fix USB device format error in Windows
- Movies CATFIGHT DIARY! When Anushka Sharma SLAMMED Deepika Padukone & Said 'Stop Throwing Garbage At Me'
- Lifestyle Diana Penty’s Sparkling Pink Gown Is Perfect For A Formal Dinner Evening
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Maruti Suzuki has officially announced that the Vitara Brezza compact SUV will be assembled at Toyota Kirloskar Motors' plant in Bidadi, near Bangalore. It was a known fact that the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza was among the cars listed for Toyota to share with Maruti Suzuki as part of their agreement.
Now, reports state that Maruti Suzuki would hand over manufacturing of the Vitara Brezza to Toyota Kirloskar Motor India. Since 2017, Maruti Suzuki and Toyota were preparing to enter into a partnership and it finally went through in 2018.
It was in March 2018 that Maruti Suzuki and Toyota Kirloskar Motor India entered into a partnership to co-develop cars. The first car in the Toyota-Maruti Suzuki partnership is the Maruti Suzuki Baleno that will be rebadged as the Toyota Glanza.
The other cars involved in the deal from the Maruti Suzuki stable include the Ciaz, Ertiga and the Vitara Brezza. The Vitara Brezza is currently among Maruti Suzuki's best-sellers and it makes sense for Toyota to have wanted the same car in their product portfolio as Toyota does not have a presence in the segment.
Now, Maruti Suzuki has decided to completely push production to Toyota's plant in Bangalore. R.C Bhargava, chairman of Maruti Suzuki India was quoted by CarAndBike as saying, "Toyota has some spare capacity in their Bangalore plant. We will use that capacity to manufacture the Brezza. That saves us the investment which otherwise would have been required."
"We will utilise that capacity, so it's a win-win for both of us. We get cars without making any investment and they get something to use their capacity. So we are all looking always to maximise the efficiency of the total system."
Toyota has its manufacturing plant on the outskirts of Bangalore at Bidadi, and the company has not been using the plant's entire production capacity. Phase I of the plant that was launched in 1997 is reportedly functioning at its full capacity of 1,00,000 units per annum to manufacture the Toyota Innova Crysta and Fortuner.
Phase II of the plant was set up in 2010 with an annual capacity of 2,10,000 units but it turns out that a majority of that capacity is unused, hence Maruti Suzuki has made the move to shift production of the Vitara Brezza to Toyota's plant.
Thoughts On Maruti Suzuki Brezza To Be Produced At Toyota's Plant In Bangalore
Toyota and Maruti Suzuki are giants in the automotive industry and both manufacturers have brilliant products. With the new agreement, Toyota and Maruti Suzuki will get access to each other's strengths.
Once the Toyota-rebadged version of the Vitara Brezza has been launched, the Toyota plant in Bangalore will start manufacturing the compact SUV with both Maruti Suzuki and Toyota badges.