- 5 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Now Available Online Through Amazon In Selected Cities
- 7 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Unveiled In India: ‘Chetak’ Moniker Makes Its Comeback After 14 Years
- 8 hrs ago KTM Duke 790 Registers 41 Units Of Sales Within First 10 Days Of Launch
- 8 hrs ago UP Politician Attempts Using A Gun To Clear Traffic; Gets Roughed Up By The Public
- Sports India lacked mentality to beat Pakistan before Ganguly became captain: Shoaib Akhtar
- Movies Karthi Is Unable To Attend Telugu Promotions Of Kaithi Due To Sulthan's Shoot?
- Lifestyle Pati Patni Aur Woh Poster: Kartik Aaryan, Bhumi Pednekar And Ananya Panday Flaunt Chic Outfits
- News Mamata meets Nobel laureate Abhijit Banerjee's family in Kolkata
- Finance 5 New Changes Made To Health Insurance Policies
- Technology BSNL Users Will Get 4G, VoLTE Support; Will Replace 3G Soon
- Travel Kabini - A Land Beyond The Ordinary
- Education Why Is World Students' Day Celebrated On APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday?
Maruti Suzuki's Smart Hybrid technology came to the fore in 2015 with the launch of Ciaz. Since its introduction, this Smart Hybrid technology has been updated and is currently offered in five cars within Maruti Suzuki's line-up: S-Cross, Ciaz, XL6, Ertiga, and Baleno.
So what exactly is Maruti Suzuki's Smart Hybrid technology? What does it do? And how does it make a difference? Let's dive into knowing this Smart Hybrid technology, and answer those questions.
A peek into the Smart Hybrid technology
The Smart Hybrid technology setup comprises of an Integrated Starter Generator (ISG) which replaces a conventional alternator. Its dual battery setup has a Lead Acid battery and a Lithium-Ion battery for enhanced battery life, which the ISG recharges by converting the kinetic energy generated while decelerating into electrical energy.
Key Features of Smart Hybrid Technology
The ‘motor' function of the (ISG) Integrated Starter Generator uses the energy stored in the batteries to assist the engine during acceleration when fuel consumption is more. This helps reduce the load on the engine and increase fuel efficiency.
The automatic start/ stop functions of the Smart Hybrid technology turns off the engine when in idle mode i.e. when the gear is in Neutral position and the clutch pedal is fully released. As soon as you depress the clutch pedal, the ISG's Motor function restarts the engine. Since the Smart Hybrid technology setup uses a belt-drive, the engine gets restarted in a smooth and quiet manner.
Brake Energy Regeneration
The kinetic energy produced during braking is converted by the ISG into electrical energy and then stored within the dual-battery setup. This stored energy is utilized for both Idle Start/Stop and Torque Assist.
The Advantages of Smart Hybrid Technology
Maruti Suzuki's Smart Hybrid technology delivers enhanced fuel efficiency, offers a greener way to drive, and reduces emissions. It provides the convenience of automatic start/stop along with Torque Assist, both of which play a key role in increasing overall fuel efficiency while also delivering a better driving experience. At the same time, Smart Hybrid cars deliver a peppy and powerful performance.
As a technology, Smart Hybrid is a step in the right direction and underlines Maruti Suzuki's stance to help save fuel and reduce pollution. As the industry leader, Maruti Suzuki is committed to creating innovative technologies that contribute towards creating a greener, and a more sustainable future.
Cars that feature Smart Hybrid technology are future-ready and future-friendly choices. Maruti Suzuki's innovative Smart Hybrid technology improves an already fantastic driving experience, improves fuel efficiency, and reduces emissions. In effect, Maruti Suzuki and anyone who owns one of their Smart Hybrid cars are helping reduce pollution. All of this makes Smart Hybrid cars by Maruti Suzuki a smart choice.