- 6 hrs ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 6 hrs ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 23 hrs ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- Sports IPL 2020: Kings XI Punjab ropes in a range of sponsors
- Movies Kangana Ranaut Called Uneducated By Meena Kumari’s Step-son; 'She Inflicted Trauma On Our Family'
- News No decision to discontinue printing of Rs 2,000 note: Govt
- Lifestyle India Couture Week 2020: Our Favourite 5 Bridal Wear Picks From Suneet Varma’s Stellar Collection
- Finance Public Sector Banks That Offer Best Interest Rate On Savings Account
- Technology Two Alleged Realme Phones Appear On TENNA; Specifications Tipped
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Maruti Suzuki has introduced a new variant in the Ertiga MPVs line-up called the 'Tour M'. It is a variant that is targeted at fleet and taxi operators just like the Maruti Suzuki Dzire Tour S. Unlike the Dzire Tour S though, the Ertiga Tour M is not the bare-basics variant but seems to have been based on the Vxi variant in terms of the number of features.
The Taxi/Fleet market is ever expanding and this market has always been on the lookout for vehicles that are not too expensive to purchase, maintain and run. Maruti Suzuki has been one of the few manufacturers that has recognised the potential in this market and has in the past launched special variants just for commercial purposes.
The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga fulfils all the requirements of the fleet market and many fleets already operate the Ertiga. With the launch of this new variant that is specially designed for such customers, Maruti Suzuki is looking to capitalise on the fleet market's requirements.
On the outside, the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Tour M features halogen projector headlamps, chrome grille, body-coloured door handles, mirrors housings and bumpers and full wheel caps. The Ertiga Tour M also come with power steering, front and rear power windows, electrically adjustable and foldable outer rear view mirrors which already give it a premium feel.
Adding to the premium feels are features like remote central locking, dual front airbags, ABS with EBD, seatbelt reminder, rear parking sensors, speed limiter, etc. The features list doesn't end there.
The Ertiga Tour M comes with a colour MID, 12V power outlets for the first and second rows and an audio system with AUX-IN, USB and Bluetooth connectivity. It also gets steering mounted controls for music and phone calls while sound is reproduced through four speakers.
Maruti Suzuki is offering the Ertiga Tour M with just one engine option - a 1.5-litre, K15B petrol engine. This is the more popular engine option and is also the most preferred engine for cab drivers and fleet operators because of its compatibility with CNG.
Most Maruti Suzuki Ertigas with this engine, being operated as a taxi have been fitted with a CNG kit. Maruti Suzuki might just offer this CNG kit as a factory-fitted option on the Tour M variant.
It produces a maximum power output of 105bhp and a peak torque output of 138Nm. A 5-speed gearbox drives the front wheels.
Thoughts On Maruti Suzuki Introducing Ertiga Tour M Targeted At Fleet/Taxi Operators
The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga has been a success story since the start. Now, with the new facelifted model, it got better. Fleet operators loved what the Ertiga offered to them at that price and bought the MPV. Now, with Maruti Suzuki offering a tailor-made variant just for them, it is a win-win situation for all parties involved.