- 44 min ago Mahindra Alturas G4 BS-VI Spied Testing In India Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 1 hr ago Bangalore Police To Use Traffic Fines In Improvement Of Infrastructure For Motorists In The City
- 2 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny SUV Will Not Launch In India Anytime Soon: Here’s Why
- 4 hrs ago KTM Duke 790 Launch Date Confirmed For India: Here’s Everything You Need To Know
- Lifestyle 19 Amazing Health Benefits Of Hops
- Finance SBI Reduces Recurring Deposit Interest Rate By 20-25 bps
- News #StopUraniumMining: It is Centre vs State against treasured Nallamala forests
- Movies Kaappaan To Set A New Record For Suriya With Its Big Release!
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Smart Water Purifier Launched For Rs. 11,999: Features, Specifications, And More
- Sports Messi eyes Raul record, Mane out to go level with Drogba - Champions League in Opta numbers
- Education AP Grama Sachivalayam Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared Soon
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Maruti Suzuki has introduced a new variant in the Ertiga MPVs line-up called the 'Tour M'. It is a variant that is targeted at fleet and taxi operators just like the Maruti Suzuki Dzire Tour S. Unlike the Dzire Tour S though, the Ertiga Tour M is not the bare-basics variant but seems to have been based on the Vxi variant in terms of the number of features.
The Taxi/Fleet market is ever expanding and this market has always been on the lookout for vehicles that are not too expensive to purchase, maintain and run. Maruti Suzuki has been one of the few manufacturers that has recognised the potential in this market and has in the past launched special variants just for commercial purposes.
The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga fulfils all the requirements of the fleet market and many fleets already operate the Ertiga. With the launch of this new variant that is specially designed for such customers, Maruti Suzuki is looking to capitalise on the fleet market's requirements.
On the outside, the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Tour M features halogen projector headlamps, chrome grille, body-coloured door handles, mirrors housings and bumpers and full wheel caps. The Ertiga Tour M also come with power steering, front and rear power windows, electrically adjustable and foldable outer rear view mirrors which already give it a premium feel.
Adding to the premium feels are features like remote central locking, dual front airbags, ABS with EBD, seatbelt reminder, rear parking sensors, speed limiter, etc. The features list doesn't end there.
The Ertiga Tour M comes with a colour MID, 12V power outlets for the first and second rows and an audio system with AUX-IN, USB and Bluetooth connectivity. It also gets steering mounted controls for music and phone calls while sound is reproduced through four speakers.
Maruti Suzuki is offering the Ertiga Tour M with just one engine option - a 1.5-litre, K15B petrol engine. This is the more popular engine option and is also the most preferred engine for cab drivers and fleet operators because of its compatibility with CNG.
Most Maruti Suzuki Ertigas with this engine, being operated as a taxi have been fitted with a CNG kit. Maruti Suzuki might just offer this CNG kit as a factory-fitted option on the Tour M variant.
It produces a maximum power output of 105bhp and a peak torque output of 138Nm. A 5-speed gearbox drives the front wheels.
Thoughts On Maruti Suzuki Introducing Ertiga Tour M Targeted At Fleet/Taxi Operators
The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga has been a success story since the start. Now, with the new facelifted model, it got better. Fleet operators loved what the Ertiga offered to them at that price and bought the MPV. Now, with Maruti Suzuki offering a tailor-made variant just for them, it is a win-win situation for all parties involved.