- 10 hrs ago Triumph Tiger 900 Pre-Bookings Open Officially: India Launch Expected In Coming Weeks
- 10 hrs ago Kia Soul Petrol & EV Models Being Evaluated For The Indian Market
- 12 hrs ago Hyundai Tucson Facelift India Launch Timeline Revealed: Will Rival Upcoming Skoda Karoq
- 14 hrs ago COVID-19 Lockdown: Government Extends Vehicle Document Validity Period Till 31st Of July
- Movies Salman Khan’s Bodyguard Shera Celebrates Eid With Him: My Eid Isn’t Complete Without My Maalik
- News Karnataka govt allows exemptions for ministers, airlines crew from quarantine norms
- Sports Bayern coach Flick bemoans lack of fans at 'special' Dortmund clash
- Technology Realme Power Bank 2 With Two-Way Fast Charging Launched For Rs. 999
- Lifestyle How Does Chronic Pain Affect The Immune System?
- Finance HDFC Net Profits Fall, Declares Rs 21 Per Share Dividend
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga has just crosses a sales milestone. The company has registered sales in over five lakh units since launching the Ertiga eight years ago. The Multi Passenger Vehicle is possibly one of the best selling MPVs in the Indian market.
The company sold a total of 4,18,128 units of the first-generation Ertiga over a period of seven years, and sold over a 1 lakh units over the 13 months since launching the current-generation models.
The volume of sales of the Ertiga have helped Maruti secure a 50.3 per cent of the MPV segment in the country. That translates to a 25.3 per cent increase in Maruti's stronghold in the segment.
Shashank Srivastava the Executive Director for Marketing & Sales at Maruti Suzuki India Limited said, "The Ertiga created a niche for itself as a three-row, comfortable MPV to become a runaway success. Its success helped us to strengthen our market presence in the MPV segment. The Ertiga is a market leader with 36 per cent market share amongst MPVs, and its leadership continues with support from customers."
Maruti launched the current-generation Ertiga during November 2018. The new MPV features a new design language, new interiors, and new engine options as well. The Ertiga is built on Suzuki's fifth-generation Heartect platform, and features an array of safety features like dual front airbags, ABS with EBD, and a reverse parking sensor - standard features across all variants.
The current-generation Ertiga is available with a 1.5-litre petrol engine that produces 103bhp of power and 138Nm of torque. Transmission options are a five-speed manual and a four-gear automatic.
The Ertiga is also available with a 1.5-litre diesel engine that produces 94bhp of power and 225 Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a six-speed manual transmission. The MPV is also available with a 1.5-litre CNG engine that produces 91bhp of power and 122Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a five-speed manual transmission.
The current generation Maruti Suzuki Ertiga is priced between Rs 7.55 lakh and Rs 11.21 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
Thoughts About The Ertiga Crossing Five Lakh Units In Sales Over Eight Years
Like we've said before, Maruti has been consistent since they launched their first 800cc car in 1984. The company has worked hard over the years and they are beginning to set records today. We expect the company, and its offerings to reach more milestones over the next few years.