- 3 min ago Maruti Suzuki Announces New 5 Year/ 1 Lakh Kilometer Warranty On Select Diesel Models
- 6 hrs ago New Isuzu V-Cross Diesel Automatic Launched In India At Rs 19.99 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki XL6 Launching Tomorrow: All You Need To Know
- 8 hrs ago All-New Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Launched In India With Prices Starting At Rs 4.99 Lakh
- Movies Shahid Kapoor Shares A Collage Of Zain & His Own Baby Pic; You Won’t Be Able To Tell Who’s Who!
- News AAP MLA Sandeep Kumar disqualified
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Band 5 Is On Tow, Reveals Huami CEO
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Match 52: Tamil Thalaivas Vs Jaipur Pink Panthers: Dream 11 Predictions, Fantasy Tips
- Lifestyle Shraddha Kapoor Gives Us A Slay-Worthy Moment With Her Chic Dress For Saaho Promotions
- Education SSC CGL Result 2018 Tier-1 Likely To Be Declared Soon
- Finance What Have We Learned About Home Insurance From Recent Floods?
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Maruti Suzuki will be launching the Ertiga Cross in August 2019. The upcoming crossover MPV will be retailed through the company's premium Nexa retail outlets. The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Cross is one of the highly-awaited vehicles to be launched in the Indian market thanks to the premium features it will be offering at a not so premium price.
The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga has since the very beginning been a brand to reckon with. It was a hit with the masses and people loved the MPV for its reliability, practicality and spacious interiors. In November 2018, Maruti Suzuki took the Ertiga brand to the next level with the launch of the new model.
The new Maruti Suzuki Ertiga offered so much more to its buyers when compared to the older model. It looked brilliant, was bigger on the outside and even more spacious on the inside. The sales figures clearly showed that buyers loved the new Ertiga.
For a few months, the new Maruti Suzuki Ertiga clocked sales figures of over 8,500 units per month and that is what makes it the leader in the MPV segment. However, Maruti Suzuki is a brand that would not rest on its laurels, especially not at a time when the auto industry in India is facing a slowdown.
Maruti Suzuki will be launching a few new products in India which includes the S-Presso micro SUV and the Ertiga Cross. The S-Presso's launch is still a while away as the company is currently testing the micro SUV.
The Ertiga Cross on the other hand seems ready to be launched. The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Cross was previously spotted testing and not many details of the MPV were revealed. The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Cross comes with several new design changes too. It features a new front-end with bigger headlamps, and a new chrome strip between the two headlamps.
The body panels are exactly the same as on the current Ertiga but the Cross rides higher thanks to new suspension. The Ertiga Cross will come with captain seats for all passengers and hence is a six-seater. We do know that the Crossover MPV will be powered by the 1.5-litre diesel and petrol engines as the current-gen Ertiga is.
In the Ertiga, the 1,498cc turbo-diesel engine puts out 93.87bhp and 225Nm and is mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox. The 1,462cc naturally aspirated petrol engine with a maximum power output of 103bhp and a peak torque output of 138Nm. Transmission duties are handled by a 5-speed manual gearbox or a 4-step CVT gearbox.
The new Ertiga will be retailed through Nexa dealerships while the current Ertiga will continue to be retailed by the Maruti Suzuki Arena dealerships. The exact date of the launch has not been revealed yet, but the Crossover MPV will be launched in the month of August this year.
Thoughts On Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Cross To Be Launched In August & Sold Through Nexa Dealerships
Maruti Suzuki is the country's largest auto manufacturer and almost all of the cars manufactured by the company are hits with the masses. In the face of increasing competition though, Maruti Suzuki is looking at new models.
The Ertiga Cross is one such model where Maruti Suzuki is targeting a more premium and upmarket audience. Hence, it will be priced higher, but will still be a lot cheaper than the Toyota Innova Crysta which is what it is being targeted at.