- 1 day ago Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- 1 day ago Yamaha YZF R15 V3.0 BS-VI Models Begin Reaching Dealerships Across India
- 2 days ago New (2020) Suzuki Hayabusa Launched In India: Priced At Rs 13.75 Lakh
- 2 days ago Porsche Cayenne Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.31 Crore
- News Quick thinking: How Amit Shah’s top men handled Assam during CAA protests
- Technology Alleged Oppo Reno 3 Live Photos Reveal Key Specs
- Sports IPL 2020: Five West Indies players who can trigger bidding war in auction
- Movies Farhan Akhtar's Savage Comeback To A Troll: Will Ask David Dhawan To Cast You In 'Bigot No 1'
- Finance RIL’s Subsidiary Signs Investment Deal Of Rs 25,000 Cr With Canada’s Brookfield
- Lifestyle What Is The Importance Of Premarital Health Checkups?
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL) has collaborated with five shortlisted startups under its Mobility & Automobile Innovation Lab (MAIL) program. After an extensive selection process, five startups got a chance to work with the company.
Enmovil, Docketrun, Eyedentify, Xane and SenseGiz were five startups to get shortlisted after the selection process. These startups were selected to present their solutions at the Demo Day in New Delhi. Three out of five shortlisted startups also got an opportunity to collaborate on a paid project with Maruti Suzuki.
The five startups were subject to an acceleration program spanning over three months. The programme saw the startups getting guidance by various mentors from India and abroad. The five startups were also given access to Maruti Suzuki's facilities and test bed as well.
After the extensive programme SenseGiz was announced the winner with Xane and Eyedentify following in second and third place respectively. The company confirmed that it will fund these startup ideas until they the objective of the project is achieved till concept stage. There is also the possibility of moving the concept into the production stage as well.
Mr. Kenichi Ayukawa, Managing Director & CEO, Maruti Suzuki IndiaLimited, said, Indian automotive space is need of new technologies and features constantly. The company has always looked at customers interests and offered their products accordingly to match the needs. By collaborating with these startups the company will enter a new era of mobility and automobile solutions. The aim of this programme is to work along with the startups to customer experience, among others.
The initiative will help bring out new features and drive innovations in the areas of logistics, IoT based safety and monitoring, and plug and play solutions. The competition winner SenseGiz deals in the area of Enterprise and Industrial IOT (Internet Of Things) products.
While, the Second place winner Xane and Docketrun deals with Artificial Intelligence development. Eyedentify the third place winner deals with Automotive IOT. Enmovil expertise in logistical solutions.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki's Collaboration With Startups
Manufacturer are looking to explore different innovations that can be brought into the automotive space. Tata has also come up with a similar programme recently to drive innovation called the TACnet2.0 to connect with startups in automotive space across the globe. With such programmes major auto manufacturers and startups looking for exposure and funding to develop their technology will be mutually benefited.