- 5 hrs ago 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon To Be Called Moab In India
- 6 hrs ago 45 At An Auction And Everything Else — A List Of Motorcycles That Could Have Been
- 7 hrs ago Ducati Panigale V4 25 Anniversario 916 Launched In India — Priced At Rs 54.90 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago Ford Teams Up With Volkswagen For EVs By 2023 — Ford To Use VWs MEB Platform
- News Karnataka Crisis: SC to take up rebel MLAs' plea, BJP keeps close watch
- Movies Bigg Boss 3 Tamil Week 4 Eviction List: 5 Contestants To Feel The Heat This Time!
- Finance June Trade Deficit Narrows To $15.28 Billion; Exports Fall
- Sports MS Dhoni could be axed from Team India if he doesn't retire; Virat Kohli's captaincy to be reviewed: Reports
- Technology Realme X Review: New Benchmark To Beat In Sub 20K Price-Point
- Lifestyle Guru Purnima 2019: Messages And Quotes To Wish Your Guru
- Education ICAR AIEEA Result 2019 Likely To Be Released On This Date
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Maruti Suzuki launched the new 1.2-litre Dualjet, Dual VVT (Variable Valve Timing) BS-VI compliant engine on the Baleno on 22 April 2019. The engine features Suzuki's Smart Hybrid Technology. This technology results in better fuel efficiency and Maruti Suzuki says the Baleno gives a class-leading mileage of 23.87 kilometers per litre.
Here are the Top-Five features of the 1.2-litre Dualjet Dual VVT engine -
1. BS-VI Compliant Engine
The new 1.2-litre K12C Dualjet Dual VVT engine was already available in international markets, and are now launched in India. The engine is built with two injectors per cylinder for optimum thermal efficiency, and features Dual Variable Valve Timing (VVT) to enhance performance and fuel economy.
It also features a new exhaust system and a software controlled fuel injection system that uses on-board sensors for cleaner emission control. Being BS-VI compliant has resulted in a reduction of 25 per cent of Nitrogen Oxide emissions.
2.Dual-Battery SHVS System
The new 1.2-litre K12C Dualjet Dual VVT uses the SHVS (Smart Hybrid Vehicle by Suzuki) system and a dual battery set up. It features a Lead-Acid battery and a Lithium-ion battery that comes with a 'torque assist' function. The SHVS system uses an Integrated Starter Generator (ISG) that improves fuel economy by providing 'power assist' to the engine.
The torque assist feature helps reduce the load on the engine. The ISG activates the torque assist during quick over-takes, and also when the engine is consuming more fuel than it should. This helps with optimum performance without eating in to fuel economy.
4.Idle Start Stop Function
This function allows the engine to stop when idling. It also uses the power stored in the Lithium-ion battery to start the engine rather quietly. It is a seamless process that allows for reduced engine loads, and increased fuel efficiency.
5.Brake Energy Regeneration Function
The SHVS tech on the new 1.2-litre K12C Dualjet Dual VVT engine allows for energy collection during deceleration. The energy collected is stored in the batteries, and is used during idle start-stop and torque-assist functions.
Maruti Suzuki has not yet revealed exact engine specs just yet, but we do know about the United Kingdom spec variant. The UK spec model features a 1.2-litre engine that produces 88.5bhp of power and 120Nm of torque. We have to wait to see if the India spec variant will feature the same engine.
Speculation is that Maruti Suzuki may de-bore the engine for an under 1.2-litre displacement, allowing it to qualify for tax benefits related to sub-4 meter cars. This engine will eventually replace the 1.3-litre DdiS diesel engine towards the end of 2019.
Thoughts About The Top Five Features Of The New 1.2-Litre SHVS Engine
Loads of tech on this one! It sounds like a fantastic engine to have under the bonnet. We're planning to test one of these engines soon and we will have more updates soon. In the mean time, get a test drive and let us know what you guys think of the engine (now that you know what the top five features are, and what they do).