- 12 hrs ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- 1 day ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 1 day ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launch Highlights: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 2 days ago Tata Altroz Production-Spec Revealed: India Launch Scheduled For January 2020
- Movies Panipat Movie Review: A History Lesson That's Still Relevant In Today's Times!
- News HM Amit Shah reviews progress made in onion import that would cool prices
- Lifestyle World Soil Day 2019: Impact Of Soil On Your Health
- Sports Sports Minister felicitates Kho-Kho teams for winning gold in South Asian Games
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite, Note 10 Lite India Launch Likely Delayed
- Travel 8 Most Relaxing Beaches In India To Visit In December
- Finance P2P Lending Cap Raised To Rs 50 Lakh
- Education Indian Navy Day: 5 Amazing Facts Students Should Know
German component manufacturer Bosch has been spotted testing the Maruti Suzuki Baleno (SHEV) Strong Hybrid Electric Vehicle in Bangalore. A Strong Hybrid Electric Vehicle basically means that the hybrid petrol powertrain of the car is assisted by an electric motor that features a high capacity 48V battery pack.
Rumor has it that the Maruti Baleno SHVS will even offer multiple driving modes. These will include full-electric, engine assist, coasting, and brake energy regeneration. Rumor also has it that there is a possibility that all that Bosch could be doing is testing the strong hybrid powertrain on the Baleno.
Image credits: TeamBHP
Bosch has tested it's components on vehicles in India without launching products on the vehicles. However, Maruti Suzuki has been working on a range of hybrid cars and we could see Bosch components on the Baleno.
The hybrid cars that Maruti Suzuki are working on are set to be replacements for diesel versions of their products. Some manufacturers plan to discontinue diesel variants thanks to the cost factors involved with upgrading engines to BS-VI norms. Manufacturers have also planned to switch to strong hybrid and all-electric variants after letting go of diesel powertrains.
Maruti has been working with Toyota and Denso to develop hybrid powertrains for its vehicles. The first hybrid model from the work with Toyota and Denso is the Baleno SHVS. The vehicle features a mild-hybrid powertrain that assists the petrol engine during acceleration by reducing the load on the vehicle's alternator.
The mild-hybrid unit even also features brake regeneration technology to recharge the battery pack on the application of brakes.
The Maruti Baleno SHVS features a 1.2-litre BoosterJet petrol engine that produces 90bhp of power and 119Nm of torque. The vehicle offers 23.87 kilometers to a litre of petrol, and we expect the Maruti Baleno 48V petrol hybrid variant to be more fuel efficient.
Thoughts About The Baleno 48V Being Spied On While Testing
We hope we see Bosch components on the vehicle. Bosch make high quality components and most times vehicles in the country miss out on these products. This may change however with manufacturers moving to hybrid and electric powertrains. In addition, we would love to test this vehicle out to get a feeling of how the Bosch components work.