- 46 min ago Mercedes-Benz EQC India Launch Timeline Announced: To Arrive Next Month
- 1 hr ago 2021 Range Rover & Range Rover Sport Prices Announced: Starts At Rs 88.24 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago KTM RC 125, RC 200 & RC 390 Launched In New Colours: Prices & Other Details
- 4 hrs ago Tata Nexon To Get New Grille Design Soon: Details Leaked Ahead Of Launch
- Technology Airtel Offering Best Video, Voice, Gaming, And Download Speed In India: OpenSignal
- Sports IPL 2020: RCB v MI: Fitness Update: Chris Morris of Royal Challengers Bangalore unlikely to play
- Lifestyle Janhvi Kapoor And Alia Bhatt Inspire Us To Up Our Chic Fashion Game With Their Outfits
- Movies Vishal Bhardwaj On Drugs Nexus In Bollywood: Please Forgive Us And Leave Us, We're Good People
- Finance Disregarding GDP Metric, Adani Says India Will Become 2nd Largest Economy By 2050
- News Senior Madhya Pradesh cop beats wife; relieved of duties after viral video
- Education UP Polytechnic Result 2020: How To Check JEECUP Result 2020
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In October 2020
German component manufacturer Bosch has been spotted testing the Maruti Suzuki Baleno (SHEV) Strong Hybrid Electric Vehicle in Bangalore. A Strong Hybrid Electric Vehicle basically means that the hybrid petrol powertrain of the car is assisted by an electric motor that features a high capacity 48V battery pack.
Rumor has it that the Maruti Baleno SHVS will even offer multiple driving modes. These will include full-electric, engine assist, coasting, and brake energy regeneration. Rumor also has it that there is a possibility that all that Bosch could be doing is testing the strong hybrid powertrain on the Baleno.
Image credits: TeamBHP
Bosch has tested it's components on vehicles in India without launching products on the vehicles. However, Maruti Suzuki has been working on a range of hybrid cars and we could see Bosch components on the Baleno.
The hybrid cars that Maruti Suzuki are working on are set to be replacements for diesel versions of their products. Some manufacturers plan to discontinue diesel variants thanks to the cost factors involved with upgrading engines to BS-VI norms. Manufacturers have also planned to switch to strong hybrid and all-electric variants after letting go of diesel powertrains.
Maruti has been working with Toyota and Denso to develop hybrid powertrains for its vehicles. The first hybrid model from the work with Toyota and Denso is the Baleno SHVS. The vehicle features a mild-hybrid powertrain that assists the petrol engine during acceleration by reducing the load on the vehicle's alternator.
The mild-hybrid unit even also features brake regeneration technology to recharge the battery pack on the application of brakes.
The Maruti Baleno SHVS features a 1.2-litre BoosterJet petrol engine that produces 90bhp of power and 119Nm of torque. The vehicle offers 23.87 kilometers to a litre of petrol, and we expect the Maruti Baleno 48V petrol hybrid variant to be more fuel efficient.
Thoughts About The Baleno 48V Being Spied On While Testing
We hope we see Bosch components on the vehicle. Bosch make high quality components and most times vehicles in the country miss out on these products. This may change however with manufacturers moving to hybrid and electric powertrains. In addition, we would love to test this vehicle out to get a feeling of how the Bosch components work.