- 1 day ago Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- 1 day ago Yamaha YZF R15 V3.0 BS-VI Models Begin Reaching Dealerships Across India
- 2 days ago New (2020) Suzuki Hayabusa Launched In India: Priced At Rs 13.75 Lakh
- 2 days ago Porsche Cayenne Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.31 Crore
- Technology Alleged Oppo Reno 3 Live Photos Reveal Key Specs
- Sports IPL 2020: Five West Indies players who can trigger bidding war in auction
- News CAA: On alleged police atrocities, SC says won’t hear matter in atmosphere of riots
- Movies Farhan Akhtar's Savage Comeback To A Troll: Will Ask David Dhawan To Cast You In 'Bigot No 1'
- Finance RIL’s Subsidiary Signs Investment Deal Of Rs 25,000 Cr With Canada’s Brookfield
- Lifestyle What Is The Importance Of Premarital Health Checkups?
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Maruti Suzuki S-Presso hatchback has been confirmed to launch in India on the 30th September. Ahead of its launch in the Indian market, fresh details regarding the Maruti S-Presso has been leaked.
A company document leaked on a Team-BHP forum post, reveals the engine specs, variants, dimensions and other details of the upcoming Maruti S-Presso hatchback. The Maruti S-Presso has been spied multiple times in India and will be based on the brand's ‘Future-S' concept showcased at the Auto Expo 2018.
As seen from the leaked document, the Maruti S-Presso will be powered by a BS-VI compliant 1.0-litre petrol engine. This 998cc three-cylinder unit is said to produce 68bhp and 90Nm of peak torque.
The car will be introduced with a choice of either a 5-speed manual or an AGS automatic transmission. Maruti Suzuki could also introduce a CNG version of the S-Presso in the market at a later stage.
Other details also include the variants on offer on the hatchback. The Maruti S-Presso will come with a choice of 9 variants to choose from. This includes Std (O), LXi, LXi (O), VXi, VXi (O), VXi+, VXi AGS, VXi (O) AGS and VXi+ AGS.
In terms of overall dimensions, the Maruti S-Presso measures 3665mm in length, 1520mm in width and 1549mm (with 13-inch tyres) and 1564mm (with 14-inch tyres) in height. The wheelbase of the Maruti S-Presso is 2380mm and the hatchback weighs in at 1170kg (gross vehicle weight).
Comparing this to the Renault Kwid, the Maruti S-Presso does come with smaller dimensions, although it is taller than the Kwid.
|Maruti Suzuki S-Presso||Renault Kwid||Datsun redi-GO|
*with 13-inch tyres
**with 14-inch tyres
In terms of design, the Maruti S-Presso comes with a tall SUV-ish stance. It is expected to feature a number of equipments as well, offering a premium and upmarket feel.
Inside as well, the Maruti S-Presso will come with a centrally-placed instrument cluster, along with a host of features.
This includes a digital instrument cluster, power windows, keyless entry, push-button start/stop and a large infotainment system with Maruti Suzuki's latest SmartPlay Studio; featuring Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
The Maruti S-Presso is scheduled to launch in India on the 30th of September. The company is said to officially start accepting bookings for the S-Presso from the 25th of this month, although certain dealers have already started registering the names of interested customers — here are the details.
Thoughts On The Maruti S-Presso Details
The Maruti S-Presso is the latest hatchback offering from the brand in the Indian market. Once launched in India, the S-Presso will be positioned above the Alto K10 in the company's entry-level hatchback segment.
The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso will rival the likes of the Datsun redi-GO and the Renault Kwid. Maruti will be hoping to attract a lot of customers towards the new product, to help them get out of the declining sales trend in the market.