- 1 hr ago BMW Unveils Its Vision M NEXT Electric Sports Car — A Glimpse Into The Future Of BMW
- 3 hrs ago Kawasaki Ninja 300 Sales Going Strong; Matches That Of TVS Apache RR 310 — Here’s Why
- 3 hrs ago Bajaj TVS And Hero MotoCorp Against 100 Percent Electrification
- 4 hrs ago BMW Reveals All Electric Car Power BEV At NEXTGen — Built On The 5 Series Platform
- News PM Modi tears into Congress, says ‘People outside the family don’t get recognition’
- Movies Payal Rajput Takes Shocking Decision Due To Anushka Shetty Mania? Deets Inside!
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: New Zealand v Pakistan: Sarfraz's side out to keep semi-final chances alive
- Lifestyle Raw Bananas: Nutritional Health Benefits, Risks, & Recipes
- Finance SpiceJet Announces 8 New Daily International Flights
- Technology Drone Flying Laws Of Five Important Countries — Everything You Need To Know
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS World University Rankings 2020
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Maruti Suzuki is all set to launch the 2019 Ignis facelift in India. The Maruti Ignis facelift (2019) is scheduled to launch on the 25th February, with deliveries set to begin immediately.
Ahead of its launch in the market, the Ignis facelift has been spotted undisguised at dealership yard. The undisguised Ignis facelift showcases all the subtle changes made to the premium entry-level hatchback from Maruti Suzuki.
As seen from the spy pics, the Ignis facelift model remains visually unchanged. It features the same set of headlamp units, front and rear bumper, front grille and tail lights. However, the only change to the new model is the additional roof rails, which was missing on the outgoing Ignis hatchback.
Most of the updates have been made in terms of additional features, mainly to help the hatchback comply with the upcoming safety norms. This includes the addition of seatbelt reminders, high-speed alert system, rear parking camera, ABS with EBD and dual airbags.
Maruti might even update the interiors of the Ignis hatchback. The new Maruti Ignis facelift is expected to feature a slightly refreshed dashboard and centre console. It will also come with the latest SmartPlay infotainment system, which first made its debut on the new Wagon R.
In terms of mechanicals, the new Maruti Ignis facelift will continue to be powered by the same 1.2-litre four-cylinder petrol engine. It produces 83bhp and 113Nm of torque and is mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox. Maruti will also offer the 2019 Ignis facelift with the optional five-speed AGS (Auto Gear Shift) transmission.
Maruti had initially introduced the Ignis with the 1.3-litre diesel engine as well. However, with low demand for the diesel versions, the carmaker discontinued all diesel variants of the Ignis hatchback.
The Maruti Ignis facelift (2019) is said to go on sale in the Indian market from the 25th February. However, there has been no official announcement from the Indian carmaker. The Maruti Ignis is a premium entry-level hatchback offering and will be sold exclusively through the brand's Nexa dealership across India.
Thoughts On The Maruti Ignis Facelift (2019) Spy Pics
The arrival of the Maruti Ignis facelift to company dealership yards indicates a launch very soon. Maruti Suzuki might hike the prices of the Ignis facelift slightly to offset the additional features. The current model comes priced between Rs 4.75 lakh and Rs 7.13 lakh. Both prices are ex-showroom (Delhi). Once launched in India, the Maruti Ignis facelift will continue to rival the likes of the Hyundai Grand i10 and the Mahindra KUV100.
Image Courtesy: GaadiWaadi