- 14 min ago Hyundai Kona EV Gets 120 Bookings & Over 10,000 Test-Drive Requests In Just 10 Days
- 37 min ago Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Gets Five-Year Warranty — Aims To Beat Hyundai Venue & Mahindra XUV300
- 46 min ago Suzuki Burgman Street 125 Launched In New Matte Black Paint Scheme — Priced At Rs 69,208
- 2 hrs ago Kia Seltos — Top Thing To Know About India’s Most-Awaited SUV Of 2019
- Sports Explained: What is ICC Test Championship
- Technology DJI Osmo Action Camera Amazon Sale - Direct Competition To GoPro Hero 7 Black
- Lifestyle Tom Cruise's Top Gun Jacket Raises Political Debate; Know About The Iconic Piece
- Movies Taapsee Pannu Reacts To Akshay Kumar's Controversy Around Mission Mangal Poster!
- News Chandrayaan-2: A timeline of India's moon mission from 2003 to 2019
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019 Likely To Be Out Soon
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
- Travel Mysore to Ooty Bike Trip Guide, Route Map, Attractions and Places to Visit
Maruti Suzuki has launched their 2019 Ignis facelift in India. The new Maruti Ignis facelift (2019) comes with a starting price of Rs 4.79 lakh. The top-spec 'Alpha' variant of the Maruti Ignis facelift comes priced at Rs 7.19 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi). The new Maruti Ignis facelift comes with a number of new additional features and safety equipment.
The new Maruti Ignis facelift remains unchanged in terms of its overall design and styling. Only visible design change is the addition of the roof rails on the higher-spec Zeta and Alpha variants.
|Variants||Prices (MT) ||Prices (AGS)|
|Sigma||Rs 4.79 lakh||N/A|
|Delta||Rs 5.40 lakh||Rs 5.87 lakh|
|Zeta||Rs 5.82 lakh||Rs 6.29 lakh|
|Alpha||Rs 6.67 lakh||Rs 7.14 lakh |
Other features are the addition of new safety equipment, to help the Ingis comply with the upcoming 2019 safety norms. This includes the addition of a rearview parking camera/ sensors, ABS with EBD, high-speed alert system, seat-belt reminder system, dual-airbags and ISOFIX child-seat mounts.
RS Kalsi, Senior Executive Director (Marketing and Sales) Maruti Suzuki India, stated, "Today, Ignis has changed the way customers look at the premium compact segment. Ignis has established itself as a complete package for those who seek the unconventional. Taking passenger safety to next level, we have loaded Ignis with more safety features. These will be offered as standard across all variants. To enhance the design of Ignis and give it a strong road presence, new roof rails are offered in Zeta and Alpha variants. We are confident that the updated version of Ignis will be even more attractive for the premium urban car user."
Mechanically, the Maruti Ignis remains unchanged as well. It continues to be powered by the same 1.2-litre four-cylinder petrol engine producing 89bhp and 113Nm of torque. The engine is further mated to a five-speed manual gearbox as standard. The higher-spec trims will also get the optional AGS (Auto Gear Shift) transmission from Maruti.
The Maruti Ignis facelift also continues to be available in four variants — Sigma, Delta, Zeta and Alpha. All four variants will be available in a range of colour options including Nexa Blue, Glistening Grey, Silky Silver, Tinsel Blue, Uptown Red and Pearl Arctic White. Apart from these, the Ignis facelift will receive dual-tone paint schemes: Tinsel Blue/Midnight Black, Tinsel Blue/Pearl Arctic White and Uptown Red/Midnight Black.
Thoughts On The Maruti Ignis Facelift (2019) In India
The Maruti Ignis is a entry-level premium hatchback offering in India. The premium hatchback will continue to be sold exclusively through Nexa dealerships in India. The Maruti Ignis rivals the likes of the Hyundai Grand i10 and Mahindra KUV100.