- 1 day ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 1 day ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 1 day ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Movies Mudassar Aziz: Plans To Make 'Happy Bhag Jayegi 3' Afoot
- Sports Hamilton clings on for Monaco glory but Mercedes' one-two run ends
- News Surat fire: Tyres used as chairs in class, fire tenders were 45 mins away
- Technology Google Pixel 3 XL price axed by Rs 28,000, now available starting at Rs 54,999
- Education LIC AAO Result 2019: Check Result Date And Other Details
- Lifestyle 5 Papaya Face Masks To Remove Facial Hair
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Maruti Suzuki has introduced their new 1.5-litre diesel engine on the Ertiga MPV. The new Maruti Ertiga MPV with the 1.5-litre diesel engine now comes with a starting price of Rs 9.86 lakh for the base VDi variant. The top-spec 'ZDi+' trim, on the other hand is priced at Rs 11.20 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new engine has been developed in-house by Maruti Suzuki and is said to replace the old tried and tested 1.3-litre unit, which currently does duty on most of the models. It will be available on all three variants of the Maruti Ertiga, namely VDi, ZDi and ZDi+.
The new 1.5-litre diesel engine comes in the form of a four-cylinder unit producing 95bhp and 225Nm of peak torque. The engine will further come mated to a brand-new six-speed manual gearbox as well. The old 1.3-litre unit, on the other hand produced just 89bhp and 200Nm of torque; mated to a five-speed manual transmission.
The new diesel engine replacing the 1.3-litre Fiat-sourced unit is claimed to offer an ARAI-certifed mileage of 24.20km/l. Maruti is replacing the old 1.3-litre engine as it would not have complied with the upcoming BS-VI emission norms in April 2020.
R S Kalsi, Senior Executive Director, Marketing & Sales, Maruti Suzuki India, stated:
"Considering the requirements of evolving customers, the Next Gen Ertiga is now offered with new 1.5-litre Diesel engine. The new engine is a perfect combination of performance and refinement. It showcases Maruti Suzuki's commitment to provide products aligned with customers aspirations. We are sure this new engine option will strengthen the popularity of Ertiga in urban MPV segment."
The second-generation Maruti Ertiga MPV was launched in the Indian market recently. The new MPV comes with a completely fresh design and is now part of the company's Heartect platform.
The new Maruti Ertiga also comes with larger overall dimensions, providing better cabin space for all passengers. The interior and exterior styling as well has been updated to offer a more premium feel to the MPV. Maruti also offers the Ertiga MPV with a number of features and safety equipment as well.
Thoughts On The Maruti Ertiga With The New 1.5-Litre Diesel Engine
Maruti had been testing the new Ertiga with the 1.5-litre diesel engine for quite a while now. The new Maruti Ertiga with the 1.5-litre diesel engine will continue to rival the likes of the Toyota Innova Crysta and the Mahindra Marazzo in the Indian market. Maruti hopes that the addition of the new 1.5-litre diesel engine will help draw more customers towards the already popular MPV in the market.