- 1 day ago Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- 1 day ago Yamaha YZF R15 V3.0 BS-VI Models Begin Reaching Dealerships Across India
- 2 days ago New (2020) Suzuki Hayabusa Launched In India: Priced At Rs 13.75 Lakh
- 2 days ago Porsche Cayenne Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.31 Crore
- Technology Flipkart Moto - Lenovo Days: Offers on Moto E6s, Motorola One Action, Lenovo K10 Note and More
- News Jharkhand Assembly Election 2019 LIVE: Voting for 4th phase today; 2 ministers' fate to be decided
- Sports Arsenal 0-3 Manchester City: Peerless De Bruyne inspires emphatic victory
- Movies Mohanlal-Prithviraj Duo's Empuraan: Here's An Interesting Update!
- Lifestyle What Is The Importance Of Premarital Health Checkups?
- Finance RBI To Offer Liquidity Support Scheme For 24X7 Functionality Of Neft
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Indian automaker Maruti Suzuki, is expected to launch the Eeco MPV with a BS-VI complaint engine soon. As reported by Autocar India, the new MPV will also feature an improved crash protection as well.
The current-gen Eeco is powered by the company's outdated 1.2-litre ‘G-Series' petrol engine, however, we expect Maruti to make the same engine BS-VI compliant. This is because, the Eeco MPV is rear-wheel driven and none of the Maruti's modern ‘K-Series' engines would be suitable for the rear wheel drive configuration.
The new-gen Eeco people carrier is also expected to feature few manufacture revisions to comply with the new crash norms that are effective from October 1, 2019. It is expected to feature an improved side-crash protection and pedestrian safety after becoming complaint with the new crash protection norms.
Current-gen Maruti Eeco features a 1.2-litre four-cylinder petrol engine producing 72bhp of power and 101Nm of torque. The power is sent to rear wheels with the help of a five-speed transmission unit. The Eeco is also available with a factory-fitted CNG option as well.
The Eeco CNG based engine produces 62bhp of power and 85Nm of torque. The engine has an ARAI-rated 15.37kpl figure for the petrol variant and 21.94km/kg on CNG variant. The new Eeco is expected to feature the same mileage figures after becoming BS-VI compliant model as well.
The Eeco was recently updated with many standard safety equipment from the company. The list included a standard-fit driver-side airbag, ABS and rear parking sensors. The interiors of the Eeco are very basic with air conditioning controls placed at the middle of the dashboard.
The infotainment system is missing on the current-gen Eeco, however, we can expect the upcoming model to updated interiors with added features. Starting with an infotainment system with Bluetooth connectivity for music streaming from a smartphone. Overall, we expect Maruti to revise the interior of the MPV to make for a pleasant cabin feel.
The Eeco people carrier is currently available in five and seven-seater configurations. The current-gen Eeco retails between Rs Rs 3.52 lakh to Rs 4.86 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). We expect the new Eeco BS-VI model to see a slight increase in the price.
Thoughts About The Eeco BS-VI Launching Soon
The Maruti Eeco was first introduced back in 2010, which was inspired by the company's Versa MPV. While the Versa did not sell much in numbers, its successor the Eeco has managed to gain success in the market with selling over 5,00,000 units in nine years. However, the MPV is need of a major overhaul and hopefully we can see that on the upcoming model.