- 20 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 22 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 23 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 23 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Movies India's Most Wanted SECOND DAY Box Office Collection: Arjun Kapoor's Film Continues To Crawl!
- News Muslim woman names her new-born child, 'Narendra Damodardas Modi'
- Sports Warriors' Iguodala considering retirement
- Lifestyle 5 Papaya Face Masks To Remove Facial Hair
- Technology China Unicom announces world's first Super 5G SIM with 128 GB storage
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Maruti Suzuki has updated the 'Tour S' taxi variant of their Dzire compact sedan in the Indian market. The Maruti Dzire Tour S now comes with all the mandatory safety features, along with a price hike as well.
The Maruti Suzuki Dzire 'Tour S' variant still uses the older generation model of the compact-sedan. However, the update shows that it is still a popular choice among cab fleet operators.
The Dzire Tour S variant now comes equipped with ABS with EBD, driver-side airbags, reverse parking sensors, seat-belt reminders and high-speed alert. With the additional equipment, Maruti Suzuki has increased prices of the compact-sedan. The Maruti Dzire Tour S is now offered with a price tag ranging between Rs 5.60 lakh to Rs 6.60 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom, Delhi.
The addition of the safety equipment is part of the new regulations which came into effect from the 1st April 2019. Apart from the addition of hte safety features, no other changes have been made to the popular sub-4-metre taxi variant.
The Maruti Dzire Tour S is powered by the same engine options as on the regular variants. This includes a 1.2-litre petrol and 1.3-litre diesel engine options. The 1.2-litre engine is available in both petrol and CNG format. It produces 83bhp while running on petrol and 70bhp while running on CNG. The diesel engine on the other hand, churns out 75bhp. Both engines come mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox.
The usage of the older generation model for the cab fleet, Maruti Suzuki has maintained the premiumness of the new generation model. Maruti recently launched the new 1.2-litre DualJet engine on their premium Baleno hatchback recently and will soon introduce it on the new Dzire sedan as well. The new engine is BS-VI compliant, making the Baleno ready for the April 2020 emissions deadline — here are more details on the new engine.
Thoughts On The Maruti Dzire Tour S Update
The Maruti Dzire Tour S is based on the older generation model. Maruti Suzuki hasn't updated the taxi variant of the Dzire to the new model as this would make the new model lose its premiumness. The Maruti Dzire Tour S is still, however, one of the most popular models among fleet operators in the market.