- 5 hrs ago Datsun Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available Across Models
- 7 hrs ago MG eZS SUV India Launch Scheduled For Early 2020: Doctor Strange Concurs
- 8 hrs ago UM Motorcycles Issued Legal Notice By Dealer Association: UM Lohia & Its Management Involved
- 9 hrs ago Isuzu Opens Sales-Serives-Spares Dealership In Andhra Pradesh
- News Maharashtra, Haryana election results today: Lotus set to bloom again, Opposition hopes for comeback
- Movies Akshay Kumar On Insecurities: Never thought A Guy From Chandni Chowk Would Become Akshay Kumar
- Sports French Open Badminton: Srikanth, Kashyap crash out in opening round
- Technology BSNL Offering 1GB Data With Its Rs. 108 Prepaid Plan
- Lifestyle 6 Science-backed Health Benefits Of Honeysuckle, Uses And Side Effects
- Finance Govt Approves BSNL-MTNL Merger; Offers Attractive VRS Package To Employees
- Travel 6 Offline GPS Navigation Apps For Android Users
- Education Top 10 Universities In QS India University Rankings 2020
Maruti Suzuki, the country's leading car manufacturer has achieved a new milestone in sales yet again. Maruti BS-VI cars in India have registered sales of over 2 lakh units in the past six months.
Maruti Suzuki launched its first BS-VI car in the Indian market, back in April 2019 with the Alto 800. Since then, the company has consistently updated their product lineup to comply with the upcoming BS-VI emission norms. Maruti Suzuki currently has eight models in its range, which comply with the BS-VI norms. This includes the Alto, Baleno, Swift, Dzire, WagonR (1.2l), Ertiga, XL6 and the recently launched S-Presso.
Mr. Kenichi Ayukawa, Managing Director & CEO, Maruti Suzuki India Limited said,
"We thank customers who have opted for our BS6 range of vehicles. We believe that mass adoption is one of the most important factors for success of any new technology. Offering eight BS6 compliant petrol vehicles in the mass segment, much ahead of timeline, has helped us to reach this technology to a larger customer base."
He further added, "Early introduction of the BS6 range represents our commitment to Government of India's vision for clean and green environment."
The BS-VI compliant models in the Maruti Suzuki range are also among the best-sellers for the brand in the market. All models have been introduced well ahead of the deadline, with the likes of the Alto 800 and the Baleno launched almost a year before the implementation.
Maruti Suzuki BS-VI cars are able to run on BS-IV fuel without any operational concerns, before shifting to the upgraded fuel from April 2020. The implementation of BS-VI compliant engines, makes Maruti Suzuki cars run cleaner, reducing NOx emissions by 25%.
The company recently introduced the S-Presso mini-SUV in the Indian market. The new Maruti S-Presso is available with a starting price of Rs 3.69 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi) — here are the details.
The S-Presso is powered by the same 1.0-litre engine as on the Alto K10. However, the company has updated the engine to BS-VI standards. The Maruti S-Presso is also the first model from the company to feature a BS-VI compliant 1.0-litre engine. The brand could soon update the popular Alto K10 with the upgraded engine sometime soon as well.
Thoughts On The Maruti Suzuki BS6 Car Sales In India
Maruti Suzuki is the only brand in the Indian market to offer a wide range of BS6 Compliant products. The company has updated most of its popular models to comply with the updated emission norms, well ahead of its deadline of April 2020. Other brands have also introduced a few BS-VI models in the country — here is the entire list of BS6 Cars on sale in India.