- 14 hrs ago KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- 1 day ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- 2 days ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 2 days ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launch Highlights: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- News Ditto affidavits by Nagpur, Amravati ACBs clear Ajit Pawar in irrigation scam
- Finance NEFT Transfer From Dec 16 Is 24 Hours A Day, Including Holidays
- Movies Ala Vaikunthapurramloo’s Streaming Rights Acquired By Netflix?
- Sports La Liga joint leaders Barcelona and Real Madrid back in action
- Technology Redmi K30 5G To Feature 64MP Sony IMX686 Sensor
- Lifestyle Kareena Kapoor Khan's Diet Revealed By Her Nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
- Education Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: How To Participate In PPC 2020 Contest?
Maruti Suzuki has announced the achievement of a new milestone in terms of sales. The Maruti Baleno sales in India has crossed over 6.5 lakh units since its launch 4 years back. This makes it the fastest-selling premium hatchback in the Indian market.
The Maruti Baleno was first launched back in October 2015. Since then, the model has become the best-selling premium hatchback in the market.
The Baleno brings in consistent volume sales to the brand, selling 5-digit figures month-on-month. The October 2019 sales of the Maruti Baleno stood at 15,237 units; making it the fourth best-selling car in the Indian market.
Shashank Srivastava, Executive Director, Marketing & Sales, MSIL, stated:
"Baleno since inception has been a leader. Retailed from our premium channel NEXA, Baleno attracted a new set of customers to Maruti Suzuki family. Baleno is the perfect choice for those looking for a premium hatchback."
"Continuous alignment with our customer's expectations and desires along with periodic technological upgrades has kept Baleno ahead of the curve. It has been our constant endeavour through the years to introduce new technology and add attractive features to make the Baleno the most aspired for a hatchback in the market."
The Maruti Baleno comes with a host of premium features and technology, making it an attractive offering in the segment. It is also the first Maruti Suzuki product to comply with the upcoming BS-VI emission norms. The company launched the BS-VI version of the Baleno back in April 2019, almost a year ahead of the deadline.
The Maruti Baleno comes powered by an in-house developed 1.2-litre petrol engine. It produces 83bhp and 113Nm of torque, mated to a five-speed manual gearbox, with the optional CVT automatic transmission. The petrol engine is also available with Maruti's Smart Hybrid technology as well.
Maruti Suzuki also offers the Baleno with the tried and tested 1.3-litre diesel unit. This produces 74bhp and 190Nm of torque, mated to the same five-speed manual gearbox.
Thoughts On The Maruti Baleno Sales Milestone In India
The Maruti Baleno is the best-selling premium hatchback in the Indian market. The car is offered with a starting price of Rs 5.58 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The Maruti Suzuki Baleno rivals the likes of the Hyundai Elite i20, Toyota Glanza and the upcoming Tata Altroz in the Indian market.