- 1 day ago Auto Parts Manufacturers Ask Government To Reduce GST To 18 Percent Amidst Industry Slowdown
- 1 day ago UM Motorcycles Discontinued In India: Stopping Production Leaving Dealers Stranded
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Bookings Crosses 10,000 Units Since Launch: Rivals The New Renault Kwid
- 1 day ago Toyota Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- News How did Gandhi commit suicide: A shocker of a question at a Gujarat school exam
- Technology Week 41, 2019 Launch Roundup: Nokia 6.2, OnePlus 7T Pro, OPPO Reno Ace, Motorola One Macro And More
- Sports Sourav Ganguly set to be new BCCI president, Brijesh Patel likely to be IPL Chairman
- Movies Deepika Padukone On Ranveer Singh: He’s A Different Person Every 6 Months
- Lifestyle Be Ethnic Ready With These Bollywood Divas-inspired Stunning Golden-Silver Saris
- Finance India, China To Set Up New Mechanism For Trade And Investment
- Travel 10 Least Visited Places In India And Why You Should Visit Them
- Education October 2: Exclusive 150th Birth Eve Mahatma Gandhi Quotes And Views On Education 2019
Maruti Suzuki recently introduced the new 2019 Baleno facelift in the Indian market. The new Maruti Baleno has a starting price of Rs 5.45 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). It offers a number of subtle design updates to its exterior and interior while also being better equipped with features.
The new Baleno facelift continues to be available in the same four variants: Sigma, Delta, Zeta & Alpha. The power units on the new Baleno have also been carried over from the previous model. This includes 1.2-litre petrol and 1.3-litre diesel engines.
The 1.2-litre petrol engine produces 89bhp and 113Nm of torque while the 1.3-litre diesel churns out 79bhp and 200Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to a standard five-speed gearbox, with the petrol-powered models receiving the optional CVT transmission as well.
Here is a look at all the major differences between the new Maruti Baleno (2019) facelift vs the old Baleno.
The new Maruti Baleno comes with a number of subtle updates mainly to its front fascia. The new Baleno now features an updated front grille design, which is wider and more aggressive than the old model. There is also a new front bumper which houses a larger central air dam, as well as the fog lamps on either end.
Moving to the headlamps, the new Baleno features the same headlamp design, however, it now comes with LED projector units replacing the bi-xenon projectors seen on the old model.
Moving to the side and rear profile, the new Baleno remains mostly unchanged. However, the new model does come with a set of new 16-inch alloy wheels with polished side edges. The rear features a slightly tweaked set of taillights as well.
The interiors of the new Maruti Baleno facelift remains mostly unchanged. It features the same basic layout as on the old Baleno (pre-facelift). However, the new Baleno does feature a black and blue seat upholstery, replacing the all-black interiors from the previous model.
Also, the dashboard has also been updated with the central infotainment display now sitting more flush with the dashboard, compared to the pre-facelift model.
The new Maruti Baleno offers a number of new and updated features and equipment. Compared to the old Baleno, the new model comes with new features such as dual airbags, ABS with EBD, ISOFIX child-seat mounts, reverse parking sensors, front-passenger seatbelt alert and high-speed alert as standard across all variants.
In terms of infotainment, the new Maruti Baleno comes with the new SmartPlay Studio Infotainment system, which first debuted on the 2019 Maruti Wagon R. Similar to the unit on the old model, the infotainment system supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. the lower variants of the new Baleno also come with touch buttons, unlike the physical buttons on the old model for its music system.
Maruti Suzuki has updated the prices of the new Baleno, but only by a slight margin. Here is a breakup of the variant-wise price difference between the new Maruti Baleno (2019) vs Old Baleno.
|Variant ||New Baleno (MT/CVT) ||Old Baleno (MT/CVT) |
|Sigma Petrol||Rs 5.45 lakh||Rs 5.41 lakh|
|Delta Petrol||Rs 6.16 lakh/Rs 7.48 lakh||Rs 6.05 lakh/Rs 7.18 lakh|
|Zeta Petrol||Rs 6.84 lakh/Rs 8.16 lakh||Rs 6.73 lakh/ Rs 7.78 lakh|
|Alpha Petrol||Rs 7.45 lakh/Rs 8.77 lakh||Rs 7.41 lakh/ Rs 8.46 lakh|
|Sigma Diesel||Rs 6.60 lakh||Rs 6.54 lakh|
|Delta Diesel||Rs 7.31 lakh||Rs 7.23 lakh|
|Zeta Diesel||Rs 7.99 lakh||Rs 7.854 lakh|
|Alpha Diesel||Rs 8.60 lakh||Rs 8.53 lakh|
The Maruti Baleno has been one of the most-popular premium hatchbacks in the segment. It is sold exclusively through Maruti's premium NEXA dealerships as well. The new Maruti Baleno offers a number of updates in terms of styling and features to take on stiff competition from other brands in the premium hatchback segment. Rivals for the Maruti Baleno in India include the Volkswagen Polo and the Hyundai i20 Elite.