- 22 hrs ago Continental Displays Futuristic Mobility Technologies And We Ride Their Electric Scooter
- 1 day ago Honda Activa 125 BS-VI Vs Honda Activa 125 — How Different Is The New BS-VI Model From The Current?
- 1 day ago Escape The Ordinary — Tales From Tawang
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield 500cc Bikes See Massive Drop In Sales — The 650 Twins’ Effect
- News NIA all set to get more powerful with two key amendments
- Technology Samsung Launches A New Galaxy Tab In India with 2K Super AMOLED Display
- Finance Viral Acharya Quits As RBI's Deputy Governor: Report
- Sports Colombia 1 Paraguay 0: Cuellar strike seals Copa America win for fringe stars
- Movies Dance India Dance 7: Kareena Kapoor Gets BIG Welcome On Small Screen; Fans Trend #KareenaKeSaathDID7
- Lifestyle Malaika Arora Or Sonakshi Sinha: Whose Ethnic Suit Would You Choose For Your Wardrobe?
- Education Qualified In JEE Advanced? Top Institutes Students Can Consider Other Than IITs
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Maruti Suzuki recently introduced the new 2019 Baleno facelift in the Indian market. The new Maruti Baleno has a starting price of Rs 5.45 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). It offers a number of subtle design updates to its exterior and interior while also being better equipped with features.
The new Baleno facelift continues to be available in the same four variants: Sigma, Delta, Zeta & Alpha. The power units on the new Baleno have also been carried over from the previous model. This includes 1.2-litre petrol and 1.3-litre diesel engines.
The 1.2-litre petrol engine produces 89bhp and 113Nm of torque while the 1.3-litre diesel churns out 79bhp and 200Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to a standard five-speed gearbox, with the petrol-powered models receiving the optional CVT transmission as well.
Here is a look at all the major differences between the new Maruti Baleno (2019) facelift vs the old Baleno.
The new Maruti Baleno comes with a number of subtle updates mainly to its front fascia. The new Baleno now features an updated front grille design, which is wider and more aggressive than the old model. There is also a new front bumper which houses a larger central air dam, as well as the fog lamps on either end.
Moving to the headlamps, the new Baleno features the same headlamp design, however, it now comes with LED projector units replacing the bi-xenon projectors seen on the old model.
Moving to the side and rear profile, the new Baleno remains mostly unchanged. However, the new model does come with a set of new 16-inch alloy wheels with polished side edges. The rear features a slightly tweaked set of taillights as well.
The interiors of the new Maruti Baleno facelift remains mostly unchanged. It features the same basic layout as on the old Baleno (pre-facelift). However, the new Baleno does feature a black and blue seat upholstery, replacing the all-black interiors from the previous model.
Also, the dashboard has also been updated with the central infotainment display now sitting more flush with the dashboard, compared to the pre-facelift model.
The new Maruti Baleno offers a number of new and updated features and equipment. Compared to the old Baleno, the new model comes with new features such as dual airbags, ABS with EBD, ISOFIX child-seat mounts, reverse parking sensors, front-passenger seatbelt alert and high-speed alert as standard across all variants.
In terms of infotainment, the new Maruti Baleno comes with the new SmartPlay Studio Infotainment system, which first debuted on the 2019 Maruti Wagon R. Similar to the unit on the old model, the infotainment system supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. the lower variants of the new Baleno also come with touch buttons, unlike the physical buttons on the old model for its music system.
Maruti Suzuki has updated the prices of the new Baleno, but only by a slight margin. Here is a breakup of the variant-wise price difference between the new Maruti Baleno (2019) vs Old Baleno.
|Variant ||New Baleno (MT/CVT) ||Old Baleno (MT/CVT) |
|Sigma Petrol||Rs 5.45 lakh||Rs 5.41 lakh|
|Delta Petrol||Rs 6.16 lakh/Rs 7.48 lakh||Rs 6.05 lakh/Rs 7.18 lakh|
|Zeta Petrol||Rs 6.84 lakh/Rs 8.16 lakh||Rs 6.73 lakh/ Rs 7.78 lakh|
|Alpha Petrol||Rs 7.45 lakh/Rs 8.77 lakh||Rs 7.41 lakh/ Rs 8.46 lakh|
|Sigma Diesel||Rs 6.60 lakh||Rs 6.54 lakh|
|Delta Diesel||Rs 7.31 lakh||Rs 7.23 lakh|
|Zeta Diesel||Rs 7.99 lakh||Rs 7.854 lakh|
|Alpha Diesel||Rs 8.60 lakh||Rs 8.53 lakh|
The Maruti Baleno has been one of the most-popular premium hatchbacks in the segment. It is sold exclusively through Maruti's premium NEXA dealerships as well. The new Maruti Baleno offers a number of updates in terms of styling and features to take on stiff competition from other brands in the premium hatchback segment. Rivals for the Maruti Baleno in India include the Volkswagen Polo and the Hyundai i20 Elite.