- 1 hr ago Jeep Compass Trailhawk First Drive Review — The Premium Off-Roader You’ve Been Waiting For!
- 2 hrs ago Toyota Innova Rolls Over Thrice In Crash; Airbags Fail To Deploy
- 1 day ago Escape The Ordinary — Tales From Tawang
- 2 days ago Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Movies Saaho Mania: SS Rajamouli Afraid Of Prabhas's Film? Director Takes Shocking Decision?
- Finance DCC To Impose Penalty On Airtel, Vodafone Idea For Not Helping Reliance Jio
- News Nirav Modi's Economic Offender case adjourned after counsel says only PMLA court can try him
- Sports ISL Transfer News: Mumbai City sign Mato Grgic from NorthEast
- Lifestyle Janhvi Kapoor Or Sophie Choudry Or Diana Penty: Whose Ethnic Look Was The Freshest?
- Technology Xiaomi's Partner Holitech To Invest $200 Million in Country
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Indian automaker Mahindra has started work to overhaul its popular XUV500 SUV. According to an Autocar India report, the all-new second-generation XUV500 will arrive on the nation's roads by the end of 2020.
According to the report, the second-generation of the Mahindra XUV500 SUV will be based on an all-new monocoque chassis. The current XUV500 also features a monocoque chassis, but the one on the second-gen SUV will be able to cope with the demands put up by new safety norms more easily as Mahindra aims to build even more safer cars for India.
The new XUV500 SUV which has the codename W601 will also sport a brand new engine when it arrives in 2020. The gen-2 Mahindra XUV500 will be powered by an all-new 2.0-litre turbocharged diesel engine which will be compliant with BS-VI emission norms that go into effect in April 2020. Autocar India is also claiming that the new engine will give bump the power output of the XUV500 up to 180hp, which is an increase of 25 hp over what the 2.2-litre powerplant residing under the bonnet of the current SUV produces.
The 2020 Mahindra XUV500 will also feature a brand new look which will give it a more premium and evolved look. The new XUV500 is expected to be given its makeover by the iconic Italian design firm Pininfarina, which is owned by Mahindra. Also set to play a part in the design and development of the next XUV500 is Mahindra's North American Technical Centre, which was heavily involved in bringing the Marazzo MPV to life. The new XUV500 is expected to be larger in size compared to the current SUV with cabin space especially in the final row of seats set to increase.
The second-gen XUV500 will also spawn an all-new SUV for American automotive giant Ford, which joined forces with Mahindra last year to co-develop new sports utility vehicles.
The second-generation Mahindra XUV500 will face an increased number of rivals when it hits the streets in 2020 including the upcoming 7-seater Hyundai Creta, Kia's first SUV for India, and the upcoming SUVs from Skoda and Volkswagen that will start arriving by the end of 2020 as well.