- 1 day ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- 1 day ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 2 days ago KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- 3 days ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- Technology List Of Realme Smartphones Expected To Launch In 2020
- Movies Star Screen Awards Red Carpet Pics: Deepika Padukone Turns Heads In A Brand New Avatar; Looks Wow
- Sports I-League 2019-20: Preview: Indian Arrows and Aizawl both look focused in their quest for first win
- News Karnataka By-Election Results 2019 LIVE: Counting to begin at 8 am
- Lifestyle Kriti Sanon And Other Divas Have Office Wear Ideas Based On Your Different Work Modes
- Finance Now 5,500 Railway Stations Have Free WiFi
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
Indian automaker Mahindra, is actively testing their BS-VI models In India. The latest model to have spotted testing is the XUV500 SUV. The spy pic from Zigwheels reveal a XUV500 testing with 'BS6 Diesel' written on the fuel tank lid of the SUV.
The test mule spotted could be fitted with Mahindra's all-new BS-VI compliant 2.0-litre diesel engine. This new engine is also expected to be powering a whole host of upcoming Mahindra models, including the next-gen XUV500, 2020 Thar and the next-gen Scorpio.
The all-new 2.0-litre diesel engine from the company is expected to be available in different states of tune as well. Currently, the XUV500 comes with a 2.2-litre turbo-diesel engine that develops 155bhp and 360Nm of torque. We expect the upcoming 2.0-litre engine to develop more power than the current unit.
Mahindra is also said to be working on a BS6-compliant 2.0-litre petrol engine as well. The new petrol engine is also expected to be available in the next-gen XUV500 and the 2020 Scorpio. However, the company had recently axed their petrol variant of the XUV500 from its line-up.
The company is gearing up to launch their BS-VI compliant models later this year or early next year in the market. As a result, the company is busy testing their models in India and has been spied frequently.
Alongside the BS-VI model of the SUV, Mahindra is also said to be working on a next-generation XUV500 alongside. The next-gen model of the SUV is expected to receive a complete overhaul inside out as the current-generation model has been on sale for over 9 years. This revision would be a part of the company's mid-life update to the XUV500 model.
The exterior of the next-gen XUV500 is expected with a new front end, which include revised bumpers, headlights and a new grille. The rear would also feature some subtle design changes with revised tail-lamps. It is also expected to feature the brand's latest infotainment system with a large touchscreen display and a fully-digital instrument cluster; among others.
Mahindra has also announced their joint venture with Ford, which would result in the next-gen XUV500 to join the Ford line-up of SUVs. Once launched the new SUV will rival the likes of Kia Seltos, Tata Harrier, Jeep Compass, MG Hector and the upcoming Hyundai Creta facelift.
Thoughts About The Mahindra XUV500 BS-VI Spied
With the current auto slowdown in the country, automobile manufacturers are looking to make the shift to BS-VI soon and hopes to boost the sales numbers. Mahindra seems to have a lot on their plate with testing their upcoming BS-VI models of their entire line-up. The joint venture between Mahindra and Ford should further help this cause because of the shared technology.