- 13 hrs ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 Review: From Race-Track To The Roads!
- 13 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Model Likely To Launch Next Year In India: Will It Be The Brand’s Fourth Model?
- 15 hrs ago Mercedes-Benz EQC India Launch Timeline Announced: To Arrive Next Month
- 15 hrs ago 2021 Range Rover & Range Rover Sport Prices Announced: Starts At Rs 88.24 Lakh
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati Lottery Message Promising 25 Lakh On Whatsapp Messenger Is Fake
- Sports Rohit Sharma pats Kieron Pollard, Ishan Kishan for keeping Mumbai Indians in the match
- News Sonia Gandhi urges Congress-ruled states to pass laws to negate central farm acts
- Finance RBI May Hold MPC Meet As Early As Next Week
- Lifestyle World Heart Day 2020: Best Foods To Prevent The Risk Of Heart Diseases In Diabetics
- Technology Oppo Reno4 F Officially Teased; Launch Set For October, 2020
- Education CLAT Answer Key 2020: Check Provisional Answer Key
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In October 2020
Mahindra has updated the infotainment system in the XUV500 to support Apple CarPlay. The Apple CarPlay feature has been added to the top-spec XUV500 W11 model. Through this feature, users can connect their Apple iPhones to the infotainment system of the XUV500 to get access to several of the phone's features via the car's infotainment system.
The Mahindra XUV500 has for a long time been one of the best-selling SUVs in the Indian market. It was with the XUV500 that Mahindra brought several pioneering features that were never seen on an Indian vehicle before.
The Mahindra XUV500 was received very well by buyers not only in India but also in International markets like South Africa. However, Mahindra has not been resting on its laurels but has constantly been updating the XUV500.
It was launched in 2011 with just two variants, but Mahindra added another base variant in 2013. The company then refreshed the XUV500 and launched it in seven variants with options for automatic gearboxes and several new features. In 2018, Mahindra finally launched the XUV500 with an engine update and a serious styling refresh. The car felt new, inside and out.
Seems like Mahindra doesn't intend to stop updating the XUV500 as it has just rolled out the Apple CarPlay update. Apple CarPlay will be standard on the W11 variant on all new cars. Existing customers can also update their top-spec XUV500 models to get Apple CarPlay. This infotainment system update can be done at a Mahindra service centre.
The Apple CarPlay feature allows users to access calls, music and Siri through steering controls or even voice command. It also allows users to access Apple Music audiobooks, podcasts, and a few other third-party apps. This is yet another feature that has been added to an already loaded infotainment system with features like connected apps, emergency call, Ecosense, music player, etc.
Veejay Ram Nakra, Chief of Sales and Marketing - Automotive Division, Mahindra & Mahindra, said, "At Mahindra our vehicle offer consumers Accessible Technologies. The introduction of Apple CarPlay enhances the convenience & connectivity offered by the XUV500 and will generate a lot of interest among our potential customers. To delight our customers, we will provide this update to existing owners of the W11 variant as well. They can visit a Mahindra authorised workshop to get their infotainment system upgraded with Apple CarPlay."
The updated Mahindra XUV500 sees no other changes and is still powered by the same 2.2-litre turbo-diesel engine. It pushes out a maximum power output of around 155bhp and a peak torque output of 360Nm. It is offered with both automatic and manual gearboxes.
Thoughts On Mahindra XUV500 W11 Variant Gets Apple CarPlay Update
The Mahindra XUV500 is a venerable name in the Indian auto industry. Mahindra reached greater heights with the SUV, but in recent times, the SUV has not been selling very well thanks to stiff competition. Mahindra is making attempts to keep the XUV500 updated and this Apple CarPlay update is one of those attempts.