- 46 min ago Renault Triber MPV Unveiled In India For Global Markets — Premium MPV On A Budget?
- 52 min ago Maruti Launching S-Presso In October 2019 — Fancy A Cup? Or Car?
- 3 hrs ago Toyota To Launch Twelve Products Over The Next Decade — The Invasion Has Begun
- 4 hrs ago Volkswagen India To Launch Four New SUVs: Touareg, Tiguan Allspace, T-Roc & T-Cross
- Movies TRP Topper Online: Bepanah Pyaarr Enters Top 5 Slot; Kumkum Bhagya Drops To The 10th Slot
- Lifestyle So, Janhvi Kapoor And Deepika Padukone Impressed Us With These Airport Outfits
- News SC to hear plea seeking formation of team for treatment of kids affected by Encephalitis in Bihar
- Sports There will be no shortage of funds, Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju assures archers
- Finance How Can SBI Customers Send Money Online Without Beneficiary's Account Number?
- Technology Asus 6Z Review: Flagship-Grade Performance With Some Hiccups
- Education NEST Results 2019 Released: Check The Link And Important Details
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Mahindra & Mahindra is all set to introduce the AMT variant of their popular XUV300 compact-SUV in the Indian market. Ahead of its launch in the market, the Mahindra XUV300 AMT has been spied while shooting for its TV Commercial (TVC).
As seen in the spy pics from Throttle Blips, the Mahindra XUV300 can be seen with the 'AutoShift' badging on the tailgate, under the variant name. The model seen in the spy pics is the top-spec 'W8' variant, however it is yet to be confirmed which other variant will also get the AMT transmission.
Currently, the Mahindra XUV300 is available in a range of four variants, W4, W6, W8 and W8 (O). All four variants are powered by the same set of petrol and diesel engines. This is in the form of a 1.2-litre three-cylinder petrol engine producing 115bhp and 200Nm of torque. While the diesel powertrain comes in the form of a 1.5-litre unit churning out 115bhp and 300Nm of torque.
Both engines are currently mated to a standard six-speed manual. Mahindra is expected to offer both the petrol and diesel variants of the XUV300 with the AMT gearbox. The company will also continue to offer the XUV300 in the same front-wheel drive option itself, with no plans to introduce an AWD option.
The sales of the Mahindra XUV300 is slowly picking up over the past few months and is already the second best selling SUV in the segment. However, with the competition in the segment being extremely high, Mahindra hopes the addition of the AMT will further help improve sales of the SUV.
Mahindra has also packed the XUV300 with a host of features, even the base variant. It comes with a number ogf segment-first equipment as well. Some of the features on the Mahindra XUV300: automatic headlamps, touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, electric sunroof, push-button start, keyless entry, rain-sensing wipers, seven airbags, ABS with EBD, ESP, traction control, anti-roll over protection and a host of others.
Thoughts On The Mahindra XUV300 AMT Spy Pics
The Mahindra XUV300 is one of the few compact-SUVs in the segment, without the option of the AMT. However, Mahindra is expected to launch it in the market soon, with a slight hike in prices. The Mahindra XUV300 AMT will continue to rival the likes of the Maruti Vitara Brezza, Ford EcoSport and the recently launched Hyundai Venue.