- 9 hrs ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 9 hrs ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 10 hrs ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 1 day ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Promo: Sidharth Shukla And Gauahar Khan Join Salman In Promising An Entertaining Season
- News Pakistan drops weapons, cash in J&K via drone; 3 terrorists arrested: Police
- Sports MS Dhoni New Beard Look in IPL 2020: Dhoni sports new beard but retains old magic, grabs two superb catches
- Technology Tecno Spark 6 Spotted At Multiple Online Platforms; Might Arrive Soon
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Gaurav Gupta's Show 'Name Is Love' Is About Discovering Brave Stories From Young India
- Finance Public Sector Banks That Offer Best Interest Rate On Savings Account
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Mahindra & Mahindra is all set to introduce the AMT variant of their popular XUV300 compact-SUV in the Indian market. Ahead of its launch in the market, the Mahindra XUV300 AMT has been spied while shooting for its TV Commercial (TVC).
As seen in the spy pics from Throttle Blips, the Mahindra XUV300 can be seen with the 'AutoShift' badging on the tailgate, under the variant name. The model seen in the spy pics is the top-spec 'W8' variant, however it is yet to be confirmed which other variant will also get the AMT transmission.
Currently, the Mahindra XUV300 is available in a range of four variants, W4, W6, W8 and W8 (O). All four variants are powered by the same set of petrol and diesel engines. This is in the form of a 1.2-litre three-cylinder petrol engine producing 115bhp and 200Nm of torque. While the diesel powertrain comes in the form of a 1.5-litre unit churning out 115bhp and 300Nm of torque.
Both engines are currently mated to a standard six-speed manual. Mahindra is expected to offer both the petrol and diesel variants of the XUV300 with the AMT gearbox. The company will also continue to offer the XUV300 in the same front-wheel drive option itself, with no plans to introduce an AWD option.
The sales of the Mahindra XUV300 is slowly picking up over the past few months and is already the second best selling SUV in the segment. However, with the competition in the segment being extremely high, Mahindra hopes the addition of the AMT will further help improve sales of the SUV.
Mahindra has also packed the XUV300 with a host of features, even the base variant. It comes with a number ogf segment-first equipment as well. Some of the features on the Mahindra XUV300: automatic headlamps, touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, electric sunroof, push-button start, keyless entry, rain-sensing wipers, seven airbags, ABS with EBD, ESP, traction control, anti-roll over protection and a host of others.
Thoughts On The Mahindra XUV300 AMT Spy Pics
The Mahindra XUV300 is one of the few compact-SUVs in the segment, without the option of the AMT. However, Mahindra is expected to launch it in the market soon, with a slight hike in prices. The Mahindra XUV300 AMT will continue to rival the likes of the Maruti Vitara Brezza, Ford EcoSport and the recently launched Hyundai Venue.