- 2 hrs ago Mahindra Alturas G4 BS-VI Spied Testing In India Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 3 hrs ago Bangalore Police To Use Traffic Fines In Improvement Of Infrastructure For Motorists In The City
- 4 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny SUV Will Not Launch In India Anytime Soon: Here’s Why
- 5 hrs ago KTM Duke 790 Launch Date Confirmed For India: Here’s Everything You Need To Know
- Technology Vivo True Wireless Earphone Announced: Specifications And Pricing
- News EPFO interest rates hiked, good news for 6 crore members
- Movies Sooraj Pancholi On Jiah Khan's Suicide: All That I Kept Thinking Was That I Lost Someone Who I Loved
- Lifestyle Funny Reasons That Only Mothers Can Give To Discipline Their Children
- Finance Gold And Silver Prices In India Relapse
- Sports Biriyani banned for Pak cricketers, but Kohli, Dhoni, Hardik follow stricter diet and fitness plan
- Education NIOS Admit Card Released For Class 10 And 12 Sep/Oct 2019 Board Exam
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Mahindra & Mahindra is all set to introduce the AMT variant of their popular XUV300 compact-SUV in the Indian market. Ahead of its launch in the market, the Mahindra XUV300 AMT has been spied while shooting for its TV Commercial (TVC).
As seen in the spy pics from Throttle Blips, the Mahindra XUV300 can be seen with the 'AutoShift' badging on the tailgate, under the variant name. The model seen in the spy pics is the top-spec 'W8' variant, however it is yet to be confirmed which other variant will also get the AMT transmission.
Currently, the Mahindra XUV300 is available in a range of four variants, W4, W6, W8 and W8 (O). All four variants are powered by the same set of petrol and diesel engines. This is in the form of a 1.2-litre three-cylinder petrol engine producing 115bhp and 200Nm of torque. While the diesel powertrain comes in the form of a 1.5-litre unit churning out 115bhp and 300Nm of torque.
Both engines are currently mated to a standard six-speed manual. Mahindra is expected to offer both the petrol and diesel variants of the XUV300 with the AMT gearbox. The company will also continue to offer the XUV300 in the same front-wheel drive option itself, with no plans to introduce an AWD option.
The sales of the Mahindra XUV300 is slowly picking up over the past few months and is already the second best selling SUV in the segment. However, with the competition in the segment being extremely high, Mahindra hopes the addition of the AMT will further help improve sales of the SUV.
Mahindra has also packed the XUV300 with a host of features, even the base variant. It comes with a number ogf segment-first equipment as well. Some of the features on the Mahindra XUV300: automatic headlamps, touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, electric sunroof, push-button start, keyless entry, rain-sensing wipers, seven airbags, ABS with EBD, ESP, traction control, anti-roll over protection and a host of others.
Thoughts On The Mahindra XUV300 AMT Spy Pics
The Mahindra XUV300 is one of the few compact-SUVs in the segment, without the option of the AMT. However, Mahindra is expected to launch it in the market soon, with a slight hike in prices. The Mahindra XUV300 AMT will continue to rival the likes of the Maruti Vitara Brezza, Ford EcoSport and the recently launched Hyundai Venue.