- 16 min ago KTM 125 Duke & RC Sales In India: Boost KTM Sales To 50,000 Units In 10 Months
- 57 min ago New Renault Kwid Climber Facelift Spied Undisguised Ahead Of Launch In India: Spy Pics & Details
- 3 hrs ago Auto Industry Slowdown: GST On Automobiles Will Not Be Reduced Says GST Council
- 4 hrs ago Ferrari F8 Tributo India Launch Confirmed For Early-2020: Prices For The 488GTB Successor Revealed
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Match 103: Jaipur Pink Panthers vs Bengal Warriors: Dream 11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips
- Movies Angad Bedi Is Not Down With The Idea of His Daughter Having Rate Cards; Wants To Protect Her Privacy
- News BJP talks about farmer welfare in campaigns, but stops them from entering Delhi: Priyanka's jibe
- Lifestyle Priyanka Chopra Jonas Beckons Us To Pair Cycling Shorts With A Breezy Top
- Technology Common 4G LTE Problems and Fixes
- Finance Still Waiting For Income Tax Refund: You Might Have Gone Wrong Here
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
Pawan Goenka, the MD of Mahindra & Mahindra bought a new car and tweeted pictures of it. The car in question is a Mahindra XUV300 and Pawan Goenka took to twitter to share his excitement with the world.
The images depict Pawan Goenka and his family taking delivery of the car at what looks like an apartment complex. What makes this even more special is that the car, according to Pawan Goenka is his family's first self-owned car in 26 years.
26 years is a long time, and the Indian auto industry has grown by leaps and bounds in this time period. Mahindra & Mahindra too has grown, and so has the quality of its products. Being the MD of the company, Pawan Goenka knows the pros and cons of every car manufactured by Mahindra.
Despite this, he has invested lakhs of rupees in purchasing the XUV300. This shows the level of confidence he has in the product. As the Managing Director of the company, Pawan Goenka also has access to special privileges like company-owned cars, which is why he hasn't had a new self-owned car in 26 years.
When the time came to buy a self-owned car though, it seems like Mahindra's own XUV300 was the best choice. The compact SUV is currently the best-selling product in the Mahindra stable, and for good reason.
The Mahindra XUV300 was launched in February 2019 and was immediately met with appreciation from almost everybody. It soon became very popular and became the second best-seller in the segment within just a month since its launch.
It features a modern design and comes loaded with features. In one of the replies to the same tweet, Pawan Goenka mentions that his XUV300 features AMT, dual-tone colour, 17-inch wheels, sunroof and leatherette seats.
Well, that just goes to show that this is the top-spec W8 (O) autoSHIFT variant that retails at Rs 12.69 lakh (ex-showroom). The dual-tone Red Rage shade seen on the car is an optional extra that costs Rs 15,000.
Apart from this, the car is equipped with segment-first features like heated ORVMs (Outer Rear-View Mirrors), front parking sensors, steering modes, dual-zone climate control, etc. In terms of safety too, the Mahindra XUV300 is right up amongst the cream layer.
It features seven airbags, disc brakes on all corners, ABS with EBD, cruise control, ISOFIX child seat anchors, ESP with roll-over mitigation, speed sensing door locking, etc. Infotainment is taken care of by a 7-inch touchscreen system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
The car is also equipped with diamond-cut alloy wheels, sunroof, LED DRLs, etc. In terms of powertrain, the W8 (O) autoSHIFT is only available with a 1.5-litre turbo diesel engine. It has a maximum power output of 115bhp and a peak torque output of 300Nm. This torque output figure is best-in-class. A 6-speed AMT gearbox drives the front wheels.
Thoughts On Mahindra XUV300 Becoming Pawan Goenka's First Self-Owned Car In 26 Years
Mahindra's cars have seen massive improvement over the years and this is especially true for the new crop of vehicles including the XUV300. The confidence in a product is seen when a company's top official invests personal funds into buying it, and that is exactly what Pawan Goenka has done.
In-fact Mahindra's top brass is quite proactive and passionate about owning cars produced by the company. Anand Mahindra, the Chairman of Mahindra Group too has owned several Mahindra cars including the Mahindra Alturas G4, TUV300, Bolero Invader, TUV300 Plus with a special paint scheme and even a Mahindra Scorpio.
Also, there is no better way to market your company's vehicles than owning and driving them yourself.