- 16 hrs ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- 1 day ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 1 day ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launch Highlights: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 2 days ago Tata Altroz Production-Spec Revealed: India Launch Scheduled For January 2020
- Movies Pati Patni Aur Woh Movie Review: Indulge In This Love Affair For The Laughs!
- News CPCB task force asks agencies in NCR to intensify enforcement to curb 'severe' air quality
- Lifestyle World Soil Day 2019: Impact Of Soil On Your Health
- Sports Sports Minister felicitates Kho-Kho teams for winning gold in South Asian Games
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite, Note 10 Lite India Launch Likely Delayed
- Travel 8 Most Relaxing Beaches In India To Visit In December
- Finance P2P Lending Cap Raised To Rs 50 Lakh
- Education Indian Navy Day: 5 Amazing Facts Students Should Know
Pawan Goenka, the MD of Mahindra & Mahindra bought a new car and tweeted pictures of it. The car in question is a Mahindra XUV300 and Pawan Goenka took to twitter to share his excitement with the world.
The images depict Pawan Goenka and his family taking delivery of the car at what looks like an apartment complex. What makes this even more special is that the car, according to Pawan Goenka is his family's first self-owned car in 26 years.
26 years is a long time, and the Indian auto industry has grown by leaps and bounds in this time period. Mahindra & Mahindra too has grown, and so has the quality of its products. Being the MD of the company, Pawan Goenka knows the pros and cons of every car manufactured by Mahindra.
Despite this, he has invested lakhs of rupees in purchasing the XUV300. This shows the level of confidence he has in the product. As the Managing Director of the company, Pawan Goenka also has access to special privileges like company-owned cars, which is why he hasn't had a new self-owned car in 26 years.
When the time came to buy a self-owned car though, it seems like Mahindra's own XUV300 was the best choice. The compact SUV is currently the best-selling product in the Mahindra stable, and for good reason.
The Mahindra XUV300 was launched in February 2019 and was immediately met with appreciation from almost everybody. It soon became very popular and became the second best-seller in the segment within just a month since its launch.
It features a modern design and comes loaded with features. In one of the replies to the same tweet, Pawan Goenka mentions that his XUV300 features AMT, dual-tone colour, 17-inch wheels, sunroof and leatherette seats.
Well, that just goes to show that this is the top-spec W8 (O) autoSHIFT variant that retails at Rs 12.69 lakh (ex-showroom). The dual-tone Red Rage shade seen on the car is an optional extra that costs Rs 15,000.
Apart from this, the car is equipped with segment-first features like heated ORVMs (Outer Rear-View Mirrors), front parking sensors, steering modes, dual-zone climate control, etc. In terms of safety too, the Mahindra XUV300 is right up amongst the cream layer.
It features seven airbags, disc brakes on all corners, ABS with EBD, cruise control, ISOFIX child seat anchors, ESP with roll-over mitigation, speed sensing door locking, etc. Infotainment is taken care of by a 7-inch touchscreen system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
The car is also equipped with diamond-cut alloy wheels, sunroof, LED DRLs, etc. In terms of powertrain, the W8 (O) autoSHIFT is only available with a 1.5-litre turbo diesel engine. It has a maximum power output of 115bhp and a peak torque output of 300Nm. This torque output figure is best-in-class. A 6-speed AMT gearbox drives the front wheels.
Thoughts On Mahindra XUV300 Becoming Pawan Goenka's First Self-Owned Car In 26 Years
Mahindra's cars have seen massive improvement over the years and this is especially true for the new crop of vehicles including the XUV300. The confidence in a product is seen when a company's top official invests personal funds into buying it, and that is exactly what Pawan Goenka has done.
In-fact Mahindra's top brass is quite proactive and passionate about owning cars produced by the company. Anand Mahindra, the Chairman of Mahindra Group too has owned several Mahindra cars including the Mahindra Alturas G4, TUV300, Bolero Invader, TUV300 Plus with a special paint scheme and even a Mahindra Scorpio.
Also, there is no better way to market your company's vehicles than owning and driving them yourself.