- 21 hrs ago Escape The Ordinary — Tales From Tawang
- 24 hrs ago Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- 1 day ago Ducati Officially Reveals The Street Fighter V4 — Will Make Debut At Pikes Peak
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Reveal Official Altroz Teaser — Are You Ready?
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: India vs Pakistan: Live Score: Kohli and band seek important win
- Movies Sunny Deol: Shahrukh Khan Was SCARED Of Me Because He Was Wrong; Didn't Talk To Him For 16 Years
- News Bihar: 84 children die within 2 weeks due to acute Encephalitis in Muzaffarpur
- Technology How To Enable/Disable New Hardware Acceleration Feature On Chrome?
- Lifestyle Bronchiectasis: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Spy pictures of the Mahindra XUV 300 EV have surfaced on the internet. The electric Mahindra XUV 300 has been spotted while undergoing camouflaged testing, just a couple of weeks after Mahindra confirmed that there would be an electric version of the compact SUV.
Mahindra Electric is well-known in the world of affordable electric vehicles. Mahindra Electric sells the eVerito, Reva, e2O, and two models of electric three-wheelers as well. So the XUV 300 that has been spotted is not Mahindra's first attempt at an electric car, but it is their first electric SUV and it is the first battery-powered compact SUV in the Indian market.
Mahindra launched the XUV 300 at a starting price of Rs 7.90 lakh (ex-showroom). It brought in premium design and feel to the compact SUV segment for the first time and this made it pretty successful in the Indian market.
The bookings for the XUV 300 are still flowing in, but Mahindra is not a company that wuld rest on its laurels. It was just a couple of days before the launch of the XUV 300 that the company had announced the arrival of the electric variant.
A few weeks later, a test mule of the compact SUV was spotted with heavy camouflage. The images revealed that the dimensions of the vehicle will remain the same and the design too will remain the same everywhere except the front end.
The front end too does not come a major redesign but comes with small changes to the front bumper while the grille has been redesigned completely. Since it is an electric car, it does not require air to flow through the radiator grille for cooling, hence we see the grille completely covered in camouflage vinyl here.
The test mule was riding on steel wheels, but it will obviously come with alloy wheels on the production version. The Mahindra XUV 300 EV will come with new colour schemes as well. Details on the powertrain have not been revealed yet, but the company had announced that they would be working on two variants of the car.
Obviously, one of those variants will be priced lower and will have a lower power output and range. The more expensive model will feature more power and a higher range as well. Rumours suggest that the top-spec version in question will come with a range of above 300 kilometres on a fully-charged battery.
These are just rumours at this point in time. However, if this turns out to be true, all roadblocks arising due to range anxiety will be dealt with, once and for all. We can expect Mahindra to showcase the XUV 300 EV at the 2020 Indian Auto Expo. The vehicle will be launched in a short time after its debut.
Thoughts On Mahindra XUV 300 Electric SUV Spotted Testing
The Mahindra XUV 300 is a rather tasteful offering amongst the current crop of compact SUVs. The little SUV also impressed us quite a bit when we drove it recently and you can read our impressions of it here.
Now, Mahindra is coming up with an electric variant of it and this only means that the SUV is set to stay in the market for several years. Mahindra would attempt to launch the XUV 300 EV, packed with technology and price it right. The XUV 300 could very well become the best-selling electric vehicle in India.